I have Frontotemporal dementia

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
I have been diagnosed with behavioural FTD & am really interested in connected with others to help if poss.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi PJ I take you only recently been told you have FTD ok there is a lot of information about Frontal-temporal-dementia so I’m not sure what information you expect from Talking Point members remember were all individuals with different abilities

if it helps I have FTD diagnosed in 1999 aged 56 carried on at work until I was 65

I still drive today 22 years later so my advice best to look at your FTD in a positive way life to short to worry about negativity

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
Hi PJ I take you only recently been told you have FTD ok there is a lot of information about Frontal-temporal-dementia so I’m not sure what information you expect from Talking Point members remember were all individuals with different abilities

if it helps I have FTD diagnosed in 1999 aged 56 carried on at work until I was 65

I still drive today 22 years later so my advice best to look at your FTD in a positive way life to short to worry about negativity
Hi, thanks for your reply sounds like you are doing amazingly well! That’s great to hear. I was diagnosed about 3 years ago and I like to keep as active as possible and support others where poss too. I have been told about a group called DEEP which sounds very promising so I plan to meet them in zoom and see how others with the same type of Diagnosis are doing as I find it very helpful ?

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
I was a member of the Alzheimer’s society Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Dementia Leadership Group from 2010 to 2015 and remember having meetings with DEEP when they were looking for ideas and funding to set up these groups