I have early stage Alzheimer's and mixed vascular dementia

Gea

Dec 17, 2023
Welcome @jwr . I am in my third year post Alzheimers diagnosis. things are changing yes, but I have always been a cup half full sort of person, which always helps. I still enjoy life, and am determined to get every last ounce of enjoyment while I can.

IT is natural to be fatigued following a stroke, but try and concentrate on what you CAN do rather than what is currently out of reach.

A concernto me is the fact your husband does everything as you say. I belong to a local informal support group and it is so obvious to me how many couples try to soldier on without help and support. Always seems to lead to a crisis. Please don't let this happen. Any husband/ partner can only take so much pressure. Access help and support now. You may not think you need it, but ....................................

My words - posted with support

Gea

Dec 17, 2023
Hi,, I just read this that you wrote "and it is so obvious to me how many couples try to soldier on without help and support. Always seems to lead to a crisis." and feel it applies to my situation, the crisis point.. its very helpful to me to know other people have these experiences

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6