I have been away, it's a long story.

Lady

Jul 5, 2005
Ireland
Hello to one and all again.
I have been missing for quite a while, and I have missed you all.
Things have not been good of late, a lot going on. We finally had to put Dad in law in residential care, as we could no longer care for him at home. My own Mum and Dad are both very ill, Mum lukaemia, awaiting results of tests to find out what strain, and Dad currently in hospital after major heart surgery and suffering from secondary complications, two weeks ago it was bowel problems, now that is sorted he has pnuemonia. Can life get any worse. 2005 has been a catalogue of disasters, if they are not sent to drive us dememted, then they can only make us stronger. It is great to have access to a computer again, the last one was burned when we had a house fire in September. It has taken me three weeks to find this site again, and as of yet I haven't had time to view all posts.

EllieS

Aug 23, 2005
SOMERSET
Lady

Surely, the only way is UP!

Hope so.

What is life about - it can be devastatingly cruel when everything but everything seems to go wrong. Had a year like that in 2000 - went on really until fairly recently.

IT HAS got better and I have got better at handling things (most of the time).

I haven't a computer at home and I keep meaning to get that rectified as it would be so good to be able to read all of the mail on this site.

Keep strong and keep smiling (not all that easy though is it sometimes).

Life IS worth living - it's gotta be. The sun still shines as do the stars (lots of nights) and the trees even now look great when the sun's behind them making the brown leaves look bronze!

Best wishes.

Ellie

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Lady, sounds as if you've been having the year from hell. So sorry to hear all your troubles. I do hope your parents are soon improving in health and that you will be able to find a little peace in your own. Welcome back to TP, when you need a friend, we are all here for you. Lotsaluv, She. XX

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Lady, just to echo the previous posts. We have lots of shoulders here to help you bear your troubles. Welcome back, Connie

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Dear Lady, it's good that you're back. It's been a very tough year for you, but go ahead and share here, we'll help you carry the load.