i have asked for counciling

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
phoned nurse at our doctors today
asked for stronger pain releif for arthritus but not morphine patches she is going to get doctor to ring me on wednesday
i asked her to look in to councilling for me
i had a disfunciale childhood long story and sibling rivalry for a long time
there is not a day goes by when i am tortured by it all
and i have come to the conclusion i have enough to deal with
i need to put the past rubbish to bed to look after bob
love bel x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Bel, well done.

At last you feel ready to open up and talk about yourself, and that's what you need to do when you see your counsellor.

You've taken a huge stride today, and both you and Bob will benefit.

Well done!:)

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh bel. you try so hard to help yourself.

I hope you get the conselling, get rid of the rubbish in your life and just become able to concentrate on you and Bob and your children and grandchildre.

Love xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks both it is not going to be easy but i know i have to do it

or the sh-- i went through and still am going through
will destroy me caring for bob
thanks
love bel x

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Bel,
I know how you feel with the pain. My daily pain for my rheumatoid arthritas is terrible.
When you are a Carer is makes it so hard to deal with things when you are in pain.
As for the Councelling, I had sessions and I am really glad that I was able to talk to someone and release the ghosts from my past.
I wish you all the best
Christine

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Dear Bel

That is a great step. However GP practices usually offer up to 12 sessions of counselling which I doubt will be enough to deal with deep seated issues. You will need time and therefore you could ask your doctor to refer you to a Psychotherapy Centre which will be able to offer you longer term counselling which may be free or certainly cost less than private counselling.

Alternatively you could check what Counselling Centre(s) are available in your area.

I am posting this because it will save you time in finding this out the long way. I believe any counsellor who can only offer short-term counselling would suggest that you be re-referred for longer term counselling and this all takes up precious time.

Good luck Bel

Love Helen

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Bel,

I hope that the doctor sorts your pain management out for you.

Bel you have so much to contend with I hope that the counselling puts the ghosts of the past behind you for good.

Best wishes to you and Bob.

Love Taffy.

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
Hi Bel

I know that we haven't come across each other as yet. But I would just like to say, that it has taken me 3 years to accept any form of counselling and I just wish that I had done it sooner.

I have been very lucky because my counsellor has experience of dementia and she has opened my eyes to this awful world I am now living in (dad has dementia). I have indeed been referred on for other forms of counselling/therapy etc. and without her help and support would not be where I am today.

Yes, there is still a lot to let go from me but at least now I am on the right track.

Go for it and don't luck back.
Andrea