I have an idea

WJG

Sep 13, 2020
I want to start a thread on ideas for products and services to make life easier for us folk with neuro-degenerative illnesses.

I imagine that many individuals with such conditions, and their carers, have said 'if only there was xyz!'.

To kick off - here's my idea, and the thinking behind it. I would like a smart phone app that uses data from neuro psychological tests to adjust how information is conveyed to the user.

Through such tests I discover that my verbal and working memory is fading, but my visual memory remains strong. So personally I want a diary app that uses pictures/colours/images to reinforce words. That way I might be able to take information in better. I can't find any such app available at present.

A conventional paper diary which used stickers could perform the same task.

Now of course other people might have different needs according to their profiles. Please could some nice developer get to it?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Problem is, How long will you be able to go on using the device that the app is on?
The back to basics ''Note book and pen is far easier to access.

Perhaps with this technology being more normal to the next generation ( its not to me, just 60) it would be easier to use. I wouldn't have a clue about apps never mind with dementia

WJG

Sep 13, 2020
Problem is, How long will you be able to go on using the device that the app is on?
The back to basics ''Note book and pen is far easier to access.

Perhaps with this technology being more normal to the next generation ( its not to me, just 60) it would be easier to use. I wouldn't have a clue about apps never mind with dementia
I think you will find its pretty normal to many people in their 60s (I'm 67) who saw IT taking over in the workplace. I accept its not for everyone - but I've hardly used handwriting in the past 30 Years.