I give up, doctors that don't care.

kayze

Jan 20, 2014
Hi,

My husband is on end of life care he is at home with support from our local hospice.
Last night my husband was in a lot of pain whilst I was moving him for personal care.He has been very unwell with a urine infection and I also think he may be getting a chest infection.

I called out the hospice nurse and my GP, the hospice nurse came out and said my husband needed morphine patches and to get his chest examined, she called my Gp and told her what my husband needs.
GP arrived, with a prescription for the patch, but said she could not give it to me because it is a controlled drug and that I have to collect it from the surgery in an hour.
I asked her to examine my husbands chest, she said ''Oh I can't I never came with my stethoscope''.

Just what's the point of all, my husband is dying, he is still a living person why don't they understand that. I feel so depressed, angry, and upset.

Kayze.

Leolady56

Aug 9, 2014
South Africa
Just not okay!

Hi,

My husband is on end of life care he is at home with support from our local hospice.
Last night my husband was in a lot of pain whilst I was moving him for personal care.He has been very unwell with a urine infection and I also think he may be getting a chest infection.

I called out the hospice nurse and my GP, the hospice nurse came out and said my husband needed morphine patches and to get his chest examined, she called my Gp and told her what my husband needs.
GP arrived, with a prescription for the patch, but said she could not give it to me because it is a controlled drug and that I have to collect it from the surgery in an hour.
I asked her to examine my husbands chest, she said ''Oh I can't I never came with my stethoscope''.

Just what's the point of all, my husband is dying, he is still a living person why don't they understand that. I feel so depressed, angry, and upset.

Kayze.

That is just reprehensible and all the more because it's a doctor! It's just so sad to read how some medical 'professional's' let people down in the most dire need of help. Is there no way you could change G.P's? And you can explain just why you are changing.... not sure if you are allowed to do this in the UK but this sounds like a pretty cold hearted G.P. Do you not have pain clinics who you can go to so that they can at least supply you with enough patches lasting one week at least before you need to go back to get another batch?

My heart goes out to you! This is just SO wrong!

Colette

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Was this the GP who seemed so understanding at first? Did she perhaps pop to see you in her own time, as she had no stethoscope with her? So very sorry this went so wrong...I hope you have the patches now. Pharmacies will sometimes deliver if asked. Keeping you both in my thoughts.....

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Yet another feature for the book You Couldn't Make It Up! How distressing for you, and totally unnecessary. :mad: I do hope you have the patches now and they are doing some good. God help all the poor souls who have nobody to fight their corner. xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I know you haven't the time now, Kayze, but you must complain. A written letter to your surgery to begin with, stating the response you got from the GP. You don't mean to hurt anyone, but no doctor should hurt a patient.

I'd better shut up now, or I'll go off on one. That's appalling, what happened to you, and should not go unnoticed by whoever needs to know it.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Do hope your husband is more comfortable now kayze. So distressing for both of you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kayze

Jan 20, 2014
Hi all,

Thanks for your support, my husband seems more settled tonight which I am so glad about.

Kayze

kayze

Jan 20, 2014
I know you haven't the time now, Kayze, but you must complain. A written letter to your surgery to begin with, stating the response you got from the GP. You don't mean to hurt anyone, but no doctor should hurt a patient.

I'd better shut up now, or I'll go off on one. That's appalling, what happened to you, and should not go unnoticed by whoever needs to know it.

Hi Chuggalug,

I know what you are saying about making a complaint,but I feel so weary at the moment I just don't have any fight left in me. I feel broken.

On a more positive note I'm meeting our family support worker for a hospice visit tomorrow, not really looking foward to it, but will be glad of some emotional support.

Kayze.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi Chuggalug,

I know what you are saying about making a complaint,but I feel so weary at the moment I just don't have any fight left in me. I feel broken.

On a more positive note I'm meeting our family support worker for a hospice visit tomorrow, not really looking foward to it, but will be glad of some emotional support.

Kayze.

Know the feelin' Kayze. Felt like that for years on end, but I do hope you get something down on paper. This shouldn't be bypassed. You and your loved one matter. That's no platitude.Had enough of them to build a boat with, too.

Much love to you. Here's hoping the meeting will help, if even only a little. xxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Dear Kayze

Sorry to read about GP visit, but good to read your husband is more settled and about support visit tomorrow.

Thinking of you
Love
Suexx

kayze

Jan 20, 2014
Dear Kayze

Sorry to read about GP visit, but good to read your husband is more settled and about support visit tomorrow.

Thinking of you
Love
Suexx

Hi sue,

Thank you, hope you are keeping well.

Kay. Xx

kayze

Jan 20, 2014
Know the feelin' Kayze. Felt like that for years on end, but I do hope you get something down on paper. This shouldn't be bypassed. You and your loved one matter. That's no platitude.Had enough of them to build a boat with, too.

Much love to you. Here's hoping the meeting will help, if even only a little. xxx

Thanks Chuggalug

Hopeful I will get something out of the meeting too.
My 17 year old daiughter is going also she wants to be a mental health nurse and wants to volunteer at the hospice, good that's her career path. Because I can be her first patient.

Hope you and hubby are well.

Kayze.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindsay A