1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

I felt I had to write something good

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Silver Lining, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Silver Lining

Silver Lining Registered User

Nov 20, 2013
    I went to see our Bank today to give them the certified LPA for property and financial affairs for my OH

I was treated with the utmost kindness today and the Customer Advisor was so very helpful.

2. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Thats actually a big step forward SL and must have been a weight off your mind knowing that its sorted :)

3. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    That's good to hear, SL. Here's to many more good things, you deserve them xx

4. Silver Lining

Silver Lining Registered User

Nov 20, 2013
    I was going to go shopping afterwards but I was actually shattered so I went straight home, we opened our Bank Account when we first met - 49 years ago - so to actually do this was very emotional for me, so the response I received from the Bank was very welcome. SL

5. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    We opened a joint bank account when we got engaged 52 years ago. Both our salaries went into it and when we married our bills came out of it. It was then fed by just my husband's salary when we had children. When I returned to work once again two salaries. Then it became two pensions. A simple bank account and it can tell a story.