I feel the time is right , sorry it has taken so long,

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I was sure I answered this last night but it's gone, thank you everyone for your comments, yes busy is best at the moment and I love having my grandson and I am looking forward to going away but with some trepidation

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
No need for trepidation Jeany. I hope you know that you'll be among friends who will understand an support you, just as you all did me. x

There's always the mojitos to help too! :)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
No need for trepidation Jeany. I hope you know that you'll be among friends who will understand an support you, just as you all did me. x

There's always the mojitos to help too! :)

Oh yes I might get one this time lol x

Thank you Saffie, it is the journey I am worried about, I am not good on my own outside at the moment but it will be worth it to see you all xx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Have decided not to go to the Alzheimers charity event tonight, I didn't sleep well and the mini bus isn't booked to come back til 11.30 so I gave daughter some money for raffle tickets instead, I think I will be better off at home,

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
You know what's best for you Jeany and it sounds like the right decision. 11.30 - I'm turning into a pumpkin by then!:D

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Jeany, I'm a bit the same about the journey, though in my case it's more the crossing and connection in London regarding time etc. The mass of humanity all rushing too!

I think I get to York before the rest of you and so am waiting the 10 minutes or so till you all arrive, so will be there to meet you.

Of course it was lemonade in those 2 glasses you were holding in Edinburgh. :rolleyes: :D

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
It wasn't lemonade it wasn't mine either lol x

I'm pleased we will see you at the station Saffie it will be nice for us to go to the hotel together x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I'm having a afternoon tea today for all the family, so have been busy baking and making things ,

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
What time are people arriving? I'm sure it's been mentioned but can't seem to find the post

I think we can book in at 3pm? We are planning a leisurely drive up - tho leisurely and M6 doesn't really go together :D

Edited: Thankfully I'm not the map reader, it's the M1 we are coming on, but same applies between M6 and M1 :D

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
That's fine 2jays xxxxx

I think it's about 1.30 we are getting there but I will check X

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Had a lovely tea, the food turned out well and we had a laugh x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you Izzy, I have little grandson staying tonight he is good company, he keeps me on my toes X

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
What A Good Idea !.................

I'm having a afternoon tea today for all the family, so have been busy baking and making things ,

Sorry too be late catching up with this ! ( been working all day today ) glad the food was tasty :) & turned out well !

Glad you all had a lovely time & a laugh

( many years ago before Dad got ill Mum usually cooked the Sunday Roast ** for Lunch time & then later on we had what I called a fire side Tea** in the living room so we could watch T V > either a Salad or Sandwiches & followed by Cake etc Tho am not sure if it was good as your's Jeany ! > sorry am taking over your thread** )

Enjoy the Half-Term break with your Grandson :) he must enjoy staying with his Grandma

Take care

love Grove x x

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you grove it's been snowing and freezing here I don't think I will be going out unless it clears a bit x