I feel the time is right , sorry it has taken so long,

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I feel as though I am ready to be on this forum now,
My eye test came back clear and my mammogram was clear,
I have been for my diabetic check today and my glucose level has stopped the same with diet, my blood pressure is good and I have put on 6 pounds since August, I need to lose weight, I am finding that difficult at the moment but am going to try and get more exercise,
My daughter has booked for me and her and grandson to stay at our hotel just for one night to see how I am, It will be strange going without Allen, I am looking forward to walking along the beach and in the park,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You have nothing to apologise for Jeany.

It`s good news to hear your health is improving or at least stable. .

I hope you enjoy your night away with your daughter and grandson. Everything will seem strange without Allen but its amazing what we get used to in time. It doesn`t make us happy about the situation we find ourselves in, but we do get used to it. xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It's nice to see your post Jeany. I've been wondering how you were. I'm glad your health checks were positive. That's good news. I'm sure you will enjoy your time away. It will certainly be different without Allen but he will be with you in the memories you have of your times together there.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I too have been thinking about you especially today Jeany so its lovely to read your post:)

I hope your hotel stay with the family will be good for you all, of course not without sadness but an important step for you.
Love
Sue:)
xx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I'm glad you feel able to come back, Jeany. Missed you, have thought and worried how you are. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I seem to have missed this Jeany.I am sorry.
I hope you can enjoy your night away even though it will be a different experience and will seem strange without Allen.
Everything is a bit strange after you lose someone with whom you have spent so many years.
I am glad all your health checks have been fine.
Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. xxx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you everyone, I am going to a fundraising charity event on Saturday night for Alzheimers Society with daughter, son-in-law and grandson,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its good to read this Jeany and so pleased you have such a good family to support you.

I still miss David so very much but I have made a full life for myself and I know he would be pleased for me. As you walk along the beach I hope your thoughts turn to happy, good memories. I also hope you enjoy the event on Saturday night.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Very good to see you back Jeany and excellent news about your health. I have wondered about you and how you are.

Enjoy your night at the hotel, walking on the beach, familiar sights and your lovely caring family, even although it will feel strange without Allen. I also hope you remember the happy times there with him, it is early days Jeany, he will always be with you in your heart and memories. Love has no end.

I do hope the weather is kind to you. Also on Saturday, enjoy your day.

Much love
Loo xxx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Glad to see you posting again Jeany. It is hard to make the transition from wife or partner to widow/widower. It is hard to get through the weeks, months and years without the one you have loved and cared for for so long too, I am over three years out and there are still difficulties and triggers for tears.

You will gradually find yourself again but post here whenever those blues attack and with the good news too.

Sue.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Thank you every one I have read this, but only felt ready to answer today,
I am making a afternoon tea on Sunday for the family instead of lunch so have been busy sorting out recipes to make some healthy and some not so healthy things :D

I have grandson next week school holidays, He is staying Sunday night then Monday and Tuesday during the day and on Thursday we are going to the Hotel with his mam I hope the weather is a bit better, then we are coming back Friday tea time and he is sleeping here on the Saturday night I will have a busy time,

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
There was a nice ad for your lovely little hotel today in the Chronic..... The local evening paper. I do hope the weather warms up a bit for half term holidays.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa