I feel so so sad

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Hello everyone, it's now 14 months since I lost my darling Mum. I miss her so very, very much, every day I cry and every day I still can't believe my Mum has gone. I feel so desperate at times my Mum was my rock now she has gone I feel like I am drowning, there is a massive gap in my life and I am heartbroken. Please don't suggest counselling as that cannot give me what I want most and that's my Mum

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hello everyone, it's now 14 months since I lost my darling Mum. I miss her so very, very much, every day I cry and every day I still can't believe my Mum has gone. I feel so desperate at times my Mum was my rock now she has gone I feel like I am drowning, there is a massive gap in my life and I am heartbroken. Please don't suggest counselling as that cannot give me what I want most and that's my Mum

Your love for your Mum shines out from your post, and I'm so moved by what you write. And you are quite correct - what you want most is your Mum, and sadly, there is nobody who can give you that.

I'm not going to suggest ways to move forward, because I don't think the time is right for you now, and only you will know when it is. You had such a strong bond with your Mum, and must have so many memories of the happy times you had together.

I found it very cathartic to sort out all my photos that I had, and I'd literally dozens of albums, about 50, so I sorted everything out getting rid of those where I'd forgotten who was in them, and remembering the happy times with my husband.

At his funeral, I gave his Eulogy, which was basically his life story, and, as a suggestion, perhaps you could write about your Mum? If you don't want to post it on here, I'd love to receive it as a PM. There's no time limit on grief, and we all try to cope in our own ways, which don't always work.

I wish you well xxxxx