1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Sasky

Sasky Registered User

Jan 29, 2014
    Ashford, Kent
    Hello everyone, it's now 14 months since I lost my darling Mum. I miss her so very, very much, every day I cry and every day I still can't believe my Mum has gone. I feel so desperate at times my Mum was my rock now she has gone I feel like I am drowning, there is a massive gap in my life and I am heartbroken. Please don't suggest counselling as that cannot give me what I want most and that's my Mum

2. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Your love for your Mum shines out from your post, and I'm so moved by what you write. And you are quite correct - what you want most is your Mum, and sadly, there is nobody who can give you that.

I'm not going to suggest ways to move forward, because I don't think the time is right for you now, and only you will know when it is. You had such a strong bond with your Mum, and must have so many memories of the happy times you had together.

I found it very cathartic to sort out all my photos that I had, and I'd literally dozens of albums, about 50, so I sorted everything out getting rid of those where I'd forgotten who was in them, and remembering the happy times with my husband.

At his funeral, I gave his Eulogy, which was basically his life story, and, as a suggestion, perhaps you could write about your Mum? If you don't want to post it on here, I'd love to receive it as a PM. There's no time limit on grief, and we all try to cope in our own ways, which don't always work.

I wish you well xxxxx