I feel so helpless

David0169

Apr 3, 2013
After the visit from the CPN on Monday and a follow up call from her yesterday, she has contacted whoever and put in for a carers break for me which I'm hoping will be soon as I don't know how much longer I can cope with this, I've noticed this past few days he's got a lot worse and I've broken down and cried on more than one occasion which makes me weak (a 46 year old guy crying is not a pretty sight) I know this sounds selfish but I just want it to end so my ex partner will be free of this, it breaks my heart seeing him like this.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I'm so sorry things are so bad for you at the moment David, I really hope you get a break soon. Horrible disease, we lose our loved ones bit by bit then have to lose them totally. I don't suppose there's anyone who posts on here who doesn't cry and there probably would be somethig wrong if they didn't.
I know you are determined to look after your ex-partner for as long as possible but it's good to take other people's advice and especially offers of help as you can lose sight of how it's wearing you away.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
No one could imagine for a moment that you are selfish. You are not weak - you are a loving person who finds it hard to watch what dementia is doing to your ex-partner. If you were weak and selfish you would have walked away long ago.

Hoping the respite is organised soon and that you manage to have a proper break, and that you get more breaks scheduled for the future so that you don't find the caring too overwhelming. You're doing a great job caring, but need to look after yourself too.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Agree with the others David. This is such a cruel disease and watching our loved ones deteriorate is so heartbreaking that we must keep tissue makers in business. Hope you get your break soon and that you find the strength to continue.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6