I dreamt last night.........

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I dreamt, last night, I had Alzheimers.
I couldn`t find anything as nothing was in the right place. Everything was neat and tidy, only my mind was chaotic.
I kept going back to bed because that was the only thing I could find, but each time I tried to get up, I didn`t know where my clothes were.
I found my shoes but they were full of clothes pegs. I didn`t know where to put the pegs, so I couldn`t put my shoes on.
My son was there and I told him I thought I was becoming like his father. There was a look of terror on his face.
Then I woke and my husband, in bed beside me, asked me, `is this our permanent home? where is it? does anyone live with us?` and I understood.

I hope 2007 is a better, healthier, easier and more peaceful year for everyone on TP.

Pigs might fly but we have to be positive!

With love to you all. Sylvia x

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sylvia, that's really scary! No wonder they're confused and frustrated. Heaven forbid!!!

Happy New Year to you too.

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Sylvia

That is scary.................hope you have a better sleep tonight.............and here's hoping that 2007 is the best it can possibly be for everyone.

Love Alex x

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Thank you!

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you for your post! You know how sometimes a post justseems to "speak" to you at the right moment? - well, your's did for me.

I have been feeling very down hearted today (NY Day in Aust.) because my Mum is so difficult to deal with. I was feeling very sorry for myself - how long can I do this for? how can I cope? (all the usual things).

Then I read your post and was reminded that MY life is pretty god compared with Mum's - SHE is the one with AD. She has to cope every day, all day (24/7 as the kids say). My concerns are real but they are not all consuming. I still have my life - my poor darling Mum has all but lost her's.

So thank you for a well timed post!
Happy New Year to you and to all at TP.
Nell

PS. My husband has just come in from the garden with our first crop of tomatoes for the summer! Lovely!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Nell, that was kind. My dream has been on my mind all day. I can`t forget it. All I can remember was being so confused and frightened.
Well, hopefully it will help me when I feel impatient with my husband and sorry for myself.
Off the subject, lucky you to have home grown tomatoes, while we`re struggling with gale force winds.

All the best for 2007. Sylvia x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
My mother for years was always into finding out the meaning of dream before AZ , and has some really good book , she still ask me to look her dreams up even now .

My daughter got mum a really good dream book for Christmas , your dream t is a positive sigh (clothing) suggesting that you are about to embank on a new period of self-expression and heightened self –esteem.

shose keep us grounded and are a symbol of moving forward as well as a reminder of our need to be sympathetic to other (to be in someone else's shoses)

( Strangely that is just what you was doing in your dream in my view )

Dreaming of a child being upset is a sigh that you feel dough about your capacities to deal with a current situation (fear ) .It could also be that you are feeling resentful of duties at home

Adult’s nightmares offer the opportunity to understand what is going on in their walking lives .with practice you can learn to unlock the code of symbolic language of the nightmare and see how it relates to your real life fear

If you are distressed about a recent nightmare, redesign a different ending to the dream .Choose something that leaves you feeling empowered , instead of helpless, as you did with your original nightmare outcome .Then apply this new happy outcome to areas in your life that you feel need attention.

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What an amazing reply Margarita. Thank you so much.
I always knew dreams were usually a product of meanungful events, but had never had them explained so well.
I feel that dream really did put me in my husband`s shoes and it was a humbling experience. There are times when I get impatient, there are times when I do feel resentful, but the biggest fear is when I might have to consider a nursing home.
I think that`s what`s playing on my mind, even though we`re a long way away from it yet.
Love Sylvia x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yes ! the mind and dreaming, only when my father died I had terrible nightmares use to make me so scared , then mum got AZ, I bottle up a lot of my emotion.( Long story) Just could not help myself because of the grife I was feeling .

Then when I brought mum back home to UK her medication started working , dream books started to come out again :) and I had a lot of time on my hands, to read up on grief ,stress , dreams , how they play out into your dreams and then my unite died the dream started angina and I was not so scared, I got to undertand myself more

It say basically , as humans we need to get rid of lot of mental items clogging our brains and recharge during sleep so that the nerve cells can re-charge the next day to face a new set of tasks .

But the biggest fear is when I might have to consider a nursing home

That’s why then they say take one day at a time on TP with our love one because all those emotional pain of just thinking into the unknown future , is so distressing for our hear and now , but I find acknowledging those feeling empowers you more then just let it go, back in to the imaginary world it belong to. Until the time come in the future when you have to face that issue

Last edited: