I don't want to live any more..

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
My poor husband has borne this wretched disease so bravely, with his poor head getting increasingly muddled. He's had Aricept, now Memantine, and we'll never know if they helped. Every day, as the sun starts to go down, his worry and agitation increases, and today he just couldn't cope. That's when he said " I don't want to live my more". This is a good man who has worked hard and successfully, helping others and never asking for anything for himself. And now he's reduced to wishing this was the end of it all.

We will soldier on, of course. But I hope there'll be a discovery one day that'll stop this particular disease.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Anne. The poor soul. Poor you too as there's nothing else for it but to soldier on. Thinking of you both. X

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Sending you heartfelt sympathy and huge hugs Anne and here's to the day, and it can't come quickly enough, when none of us, our LO's or ourselves, need to suffer any more with this truly dreadful disease.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Rageddyann just gone online, l have had a bad day much the same as you, how do we cope with this terrible disease l do not know, l know how you feel, it is so stressful for us, my hubby was a very successful business man, we have had a wonderful life, until Mr. Alzheimers came along!!!! I am sure you understand, thinking of you, keep on caring

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Just read your post about your hubby golf clubs, my hubby was a kneen golfer, his golf clubs are still in our garage, will never get rid of them, he sometimes looks innhis garage, but doesn't recognise them, l feel so sad.

mabbs

Dec 1, 2014
Lancashire
must be so hard for you anne, I am thinking of you, I guess one day they will come up with a cure, it cant be too soon. sending hugs and well wishes xx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Such a sad thread Anne, but you were right to post. It helps to share even the saddest experiences and there's no better place to do it than TP. I hope you can feel the empathy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm so sorry Anne for both you and your husband. It's not the way any of us imagined our lives would be .

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
(((Hugs))) Anne, I'm with you, in a very similar situation. I hate it. Every time I see OH, I try and see the man he was...the great times we had...it's heartbreaking for us all...

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
So sorry Anne. I understand your sadness. Life doesn't work out as planned and sometimes that is the biggest shock of all xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
My poor husband has borne this wretched disease so bravely, with his poor head getting increasingly muddled. He's had Aricept, now Memantine, and we'll never know if they helped. Every day, as the sun starts to go down, his worry and agitation increases, and today he just couldn't cope. That's when he said " I don't want to live my more". This is a good man who has worked hard and successfully, helping others and never asking for anything for himself. And now he's reduced to wishing this was the end of it all.

We will soldier on, of course. But I hope there'll be a discovery one day that'll stop this particular disease.

I just want to wrap my arms around the pair of you.

Tinkerbelle258

Nov 13, 2012
N E Lincolnshire
Oh Anne, I know exactly how you feel. Every morning when I shower and dress my husband we sit on the bed while I put his trousers on. Every morning he looks me in the eye and says 'I want to die'. I know what he's asking but I make light of it and focus on the day ahead. We carry on as best we can. Stay strong. xx

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon

Oh RA I'm so sorry to see your post and I'm sending hugs, You haven't said if your husband takes anything for agitation, perhaps your GP could prescribe a medication e.g. Citalapram.
Take care while soldiering on.