I don't understand.

AuroraSkye

Dec 12, 2021
grief is about change…. losing the life you lost…. sometimes you can only see good changes, which are easier to accept, and it takes time to remember the other things, that you really can never have back, their laughter etc… but you know if they have dementia, you probably lost. lot of that long ago and so in a way you’ve been grieving a long time.

but it always comes… eventually…
Hello Lushr. Thanks for your insightful reply. You are right. As someone who lived with Mum any change would have been gradual, even unnoticed but change nonetheless. Kindness to you and take care.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @AuroraSkye and @CAL Y ,

I'm very sorry to hear about your losses and I think you are both like me in that the grieving process started when dementia started to develop in our loved ones. Give yourselves time and keep talking about your experiences your loved ones would have been very proud of you.

MaNaAk

AuroraSkye

Dec 12, 2021
Dear @AuroraSkye and @CAL Y ,

I'm very sorry to hear about your losses and I think you are both like me in that the grieving process started when dementia started to develop in our loved ones. Give yourselves time and keep talking about your experiences your loved ones would have been very proud of you.

MaNaAk
Thanks MaNaAk.
I appreciate you taking time to reply. Feeling so bad today. Kind thoughts to you

Tilly13

Jul 27, 2020
Reading through your posts and totally understanding the feelings and emotions - thinking of you all.
I have spent the last few weeks getting everything ready for my parents to move into a Care Home, months of visiting to find a suitable one - we took them yesterday and today I am overwhelmed.
I suddenly am so tearful ......

AuroraSkye

Dec 12, 2021
Reading through your posts and totally understanding the feelings and emotions - thinking of you all.
I have spent the last few weeks getting everything ready for my parents to move into a Care Home, months of visiting to find a suitable one - we took them yesterday and today I am overwhelmed.
I suddenly am so tearful ......
Hello Tilly. Thanks for leaving your comments. I can only imagine how difficult that decision was. It's little wonder you feel tearful but knowing you've acted on what you think is right and for the best will hopefully being some comfort. Sending kindest thoughts to you.

karenbow

May 24, 2021
mum passed away 9 weeks ago today and i can only express my grief on here with others who understand- my husband is now finding it hard to look at me if he thinks i am getting upset and walks away-we went out last night just for a quiet drink, really enjoyed it - we did talk about mum and dad , dad passed away in may, my husband misses them too ,last night we could smile talk about what we,d all done together, just talked happy talk, but today i am so upset-i dont know if christmas is making it worse but i desperately want my parents there is no one that knows me or cares for me like them, i am still waiting for my mums ashes from her funeral and even though i know these are just mums remains i want them here with me- i thought i was doing ok but today i know im not - i am sure you are all going through similar and i just wanted to write my feelings downx

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
its probably a bit of christmas in the line of firsts. its the first christmas without either of your parents. your mum is very recent so dont be too hard on yourself.