I don't trust myself any more ....

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Thanks all. They already have a report from this year and they got 'requires improvement' for all points, apart from leadership, which was 'inadequate'! I spoke at length to someone at the CQC yesterday so now know how to feed back to them. I will also write to Adult Services, but need to find an appropriate poc for that. One would assume that with such a bad report already from the CQC, someone there will take some notice of my comments, but who knows.

Mum is starting to settle back home again. She seems traumatised, but she probably would be even if she had been to the best care home in the UK - it's the change of environment. At least she is eating proper food now rather than the c**p they produced in that home, and she's clean! Who would have thought that in that home keeping someone clean wasn't a basic requirement!!!

I'm rather shell shocked by what I saw in that home and how mum was treated.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry that the respite didnt work out, but at least you have a plan now. BTW, Im sure that the SW wouldnt have slapped an order on your mum so that she had to stay there - I think the SW was just concerned about you.

Please pace yourself now - you are still fragile and I dont want you to burn out while you are waiting for a place to turn up (((hugs))))

PS - please dont go for codeine, it is highly addictive.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks all. They already have a report from this year and they got 'requires improvement' for all points, apart from leadership, which was 'inadequate'! I spoke at length to someone at the CQC yesterday so now know how to feed back to them. I will also write to Adult Services, but need to find an appropriate poc for that. One would assume that with such a bad report already from the CQC, someone there will take some notice of my comments, but who knows.

Mum is starting to settle back home again. She seems traumatised, but she probably would be even if she had been to the best care home in the UK - it's the change of environment. At least she is eating proper food now rather than the c**p they produced in that home, and she's clean! Who would have thought that in that home keeping someone clean wasn't a basic requirement!!!

I'm rather shell shocked by what I saw in that home and how mum was treated.

You have been so wonderful, on behalf of all the people in that home you have done so much good by reporting and talking - SS are not good placing anyone in home with that kind of reputation - I don't believe that anyone should be in a home rated lower than good - although of course there are always exceptions to the rule. You've been wonderful but I agree with Canary that codeine is very addictive - the doc prescribed it for my mum at one point and the pharmacist strongly advised me not to give it to her regularly only when really necessary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew