I dont like mondays!

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Mum was awake at 6am but didnt shout til 6.30 so we went in to get her up. She couldnt get out of bed, everytime we sat her up she fell back, so we rang 111. Eventually at 7.40 we spoke to an out of hrs doctor who said he finished at 8am and wouldnt come out!. So we rung mums doctor at 8am who said it sounded as if she'd had a stroke and to ring an ambulance. They checked mum out and said she hadnt had a stroke it was probably a uti. He asked mum to get out of bed and she did it straight away (i did feel foolish for making what seems now like a fuss). He spoke to doctor who has arranged a prescription and hes now gone. I went to lounge to get mum to give her a wash and she cant get out the chair aaarrrggghhh!!! What a terrible start to the week

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Sorry to hear about your bad start to the week. Hope tomorrow is better. You did all the right things. Terrible attitude of the 111 person though. Good job it wasn't anything serious after all.

LS

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Chelsea girl :)

Sorry you've had such a bad start to the week. Your mum sounds very like mine....she can't do things for me or for carers, but she can for OT s etc! Soo frustrating. In mum's case I think that paramedics etc take some of the anxiety away.....

Funnily enough I've just got off the phone with an OT, where I found myself actually saying "She'll probably do it for you, I just get all the c**p" :eek: :eek: Not like me or mum, if only we could get a break.....

Hope your day gets better :)

Lindy xx

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Hi Chelsea girl :)

Sorry you've had such a bad start to the week. Your mum sounds very like mine....she can't do things for me or for carers, but she can for OT s etc! Soo frustrating. In mum's case I think that paramedics etc take some of the anxiety away.....

Funnily enough I've just got off the phone with an OT, where I found myself actually saying "She'll probably do it for you, I just get all the c**p" :eek: :eek: Not like me or mum, if only we could get a break.....

Hope your day gets better :)

Lindy xx
Thanks lindy. Nice to know im not alone in this