I don`t seem to be handling this very well..................

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
, I stop 'reading' them and imagine you saying it in a Spanish accent

That is the most wired, thing if you heard me speak, you would hear a clear English with a hint of cocky English, but in my mind in how I think speak (in my thoughts) they are Spanish and its only when I speak in Spanish that I can express my self verbally better , even my daughters son, find it hard to understand when I express my English in a English accent, but express the wording all the wrong way lol.

Its great in Gibraltar because we talk half in Spanish, them drop in to English half way into the conversation to each other.

Where if you born live in Spain all you learn is Spanish so only talk all in Spanish.

When born in Gibraltar we all learn English all schooling is in English but outside school we all talk Spanish I don’t know how it came about that I lost the assent, it may be down to that my parents school me in Gibraltar and England,

So I lost the ascent over the years, with mixing with the English girls outside school when in England. Then back to my school in Gibraltar mixing with the Gibraltar girls in Gibraltar.

So yes English was my 2nd languag, as in England at home all we spoke was in Spanish, so I can flow with a conversation in Spanish with a word or 2 in engllish , but not all in English. I have always hated admitting that, but its true ,

so if you really think about it , you can not inmagine my acent , but my thoughts accent :) , if that could be Possible .

Under stress my thoughts inside of me can became a jumble sale, of Spanish English, so have to be relaxed, clear mind to type, but I enjoy it because it take my mind of my worries and clear my mind

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Margarita said:

Under stress my thoughts inside of me can became a jumble sale, of Spanish English,

I love that image, Maggie. There are always beautiful things to be found in jumble sales.:)

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sylvia`s getting on just fine today thank you, Maggie.

I have finally got down to weeding the garden and filled 5 black bin bags with weeds. That`s just one border, but they blow in from the cliff top and are a pest.

While I was gardening, my husband came out to help. [Hurrah!! Smiley]

So for the first time in ages, we shared a task.

Mind you, it took me longer to clear up after him than it would if I`d done it by myself, but never mind.

Now I have an aching back and sore feet, but it`s been a good day.

Tomorrow is the Cup Final. Man U v Chelsea. We are going to our son`s for lunch and then watch the match.

Thank you for asking.

Love xx

P.S. When you asked Maggie,everything was fine. Now 15 minutes later, the sundowning has started again, he is going away from here for a week, he is claustrophobic, can`t breathe, feels suffocated .

So sorry,everything isn`t fine, for the time being.

This is Alzheimers.

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
So sorry,everything isn`t fine, for the time being.

don't be , like me we just learn to take the negtive with the postive ( and I still find that hard to get use to )

Just think of Chelsea :D wining and it be during the day so sundowning will be gone and your son be they to help you .

Don't know if that help with the near now , but my thought are with you xx

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband is now in the garage, looking for a suitcase.

All his suits are out of the wardrobe, on the bed, with all his shirts.

All the doors are open and all the lights are on.

He said he is going tomorrow.

And today began so well.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh how I wish I could help you. I hope your hubby calms down in a while - perhaps when it gets dark he will have second thoughts - then WHO puts all the gear away?

Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you.
Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He`s just gone out. I don`t know where, I hope to our son`s.

He said tomorrow he`s going to an Estate Agent and will put the house on the market.

Thanks Jan, I can see you`ve been there. You know who will put the clothes away.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Grannie G said:
He said tomorrow he`s going to an Estate Agent and will put the house on the market.

Hello Sylvia, I'm really sorry that things are going a bit pear-shaped. When I saw this line( above) my first thought was, " I wonder if Dhiren heard the news today about everyone rushing off to put their properties on the market to beat the HIP charges before June 1st" I know this sounds daft but people do sometimes pick up on odd snippets.
Thinking of you and wishing you well, love Deborah x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He`s come back, very angry, going tomorrow, going to sell the house, have half each of the money, following me round the house ranting and raving.

I lost it, told him to do what he wants but to stop driving me mad. He followed me into the living room, I said I don`t care where he sits but it isn`t going to be with me, and I`ve left him sitting by himself.

Now I feel guilty. He can`t help it but I can.

Thanks for asking Margarita.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london

Don't feel guilty , because you know you don't mean it and if it does the trick ! to slow him down and your still feeling guilty ask him if he like a cup of tea :) but don't start xx

PS If you don't mind me saying (just tell me to shut up stop interfering )

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No Deborah,

He does read the papers but doesn`t retain the information. He thinks he will put the house on the market and get the money within the week.

His problem is boredom. He is unable to think of things to do, but if I suggest things, he accuses me of either treating him like a child or bossing him about.

He gets confused with the remote controls for the TV, 2 different procedures for satellite or terrestrial. On a good day he`ll ask me to get the right channel for him, but on a bad day he switches the TV off and then has nothing to do.

He has some booklets we got free with the papers. One is about Genius, and the others are a set of Famous Speeches. He loves these books and reads them over and over. Each time he reads them, the content is fresh and new.

I could go on about the things he can`t do, but there is very little he can do. So he thinks he will leave and go to a better place where everything will be all right.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh, how amazing that he liked the little books of speeches. Wasn't there a CD of someone reading them that came out with them? I'm sure there was because it's knocking around my kitchen and I can't think what to do with it. Would that entertain him? Hearing someone read them? Want me to post it to you?

Your description of his boredom and frustration makes me want to cry. Both for him, not being able to see a way through any more, and for you, forever trying to pick up the pieces. I never had this with my mum. I had other things, but not this, and I could always walk away anyway, when, for example the incessant questions got too much to cope with. Really sorry. Deborah x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Grannie G said:

please don't feel guilty - take to heart that the only good thing about dementia is that they won't remember what we said when it all became too much.

We're none of us totally impervious to the wear and tear and strain of this situation and sometimes - for our own good - we have to snap.

Its not because we don't love them - it is because we love them too much.

Take it slowly and take care of yourself as well!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Bruce, I know, but it doesn`t make it any easier, even if you can see the why`s and wherefore`s.

Deborah, we have the CD, that came after the booklets.
He loves it but can`t put it on as he doesn`t know how to use the CD controls. So, as I say, he asks me when it`s a good day but doesn`t, if he wants to stay independent. I think by now he`ll have forgotten we have the CD.
I bought him a special folder for the booklets and he was pleased with that.
Thank you for offering to send yours. That`s really kind.

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
sending a BIG hugg to you

wish i could advise sylv or offer help as you have helped me and SO many others
YOU ARE A TRESURE PLEASE KEEP ON KEEPING ON i know how hard it is
could i send you a pint of strong bow cider we could have a straw and all --get stronger --if the advert is right -lots of love bel xxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a lovely picture bel.

All TP members, One giant tankard, a few hundred straws, and more than a few gallons of strongbow. :D

Thank you. You never fail to cheer me up.

Love xx