I do not want to get diagnosed I know

Dbno

Jun 19, 2021
I have it.My sisters got it and really bad. I just lay around all day. my sister makes no sense. Whatever I have is horrendous. I can barely walk now. I’m very dysfunctional. I came out with problems with my frontal and temporal lobes 15 years ago. I got by very well for 10 years but it caught up with me. Nobody talked to me about it. I don’t see the point in getting diagnosed. I might do it for my family.they don’t admit to what’s wrong with me. I’ve lost all my friends and family. All my interests. I can’t cry or laugh. My emotions are gone. It’s sad. Should I get diagnosed.they will take my car but I can’t really drive anyway. just the idea of it being confirmed bothers me. Although I’m certain I have it. I don’t know why this happened to me. Bad genes.many of your loved ones are doing better than me.

Last edited:

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hello Dbno,

How my heart goes out to you and I admit that I don’t have words to help you in any meaningful way.

If you have been coping reasonably well for so many years, you are amazing.

I can’t imagine either why anyone would really want to know a diagnosis and there are many people on this forum who are caring for people who feel exactly the same as you. It surely must be one of the most confronting things I could ever think about.

I do think that getting a diagnosis will help you to get some kind of care in the future that will keep you safe and comfortable as you continue down this path. I know that you were told of some problems with your fronto and temporal lobes a long time ago but I believe in view of the fact that it was so long ago that having a review might be helpful. Certainly diagnostic tools have improved a lot and perhaps knowing what you are dealing with might take away some of the anxiety and stress you obviously and understandably have.

I hope some will be along soon who will be of more help.

Dbno

Jun 19, 2021
Hello Dbno,

How my heart goes out to you and I admit that I don’t have words to help you in any meaningful way.

If you have been coping reasonably well for so many years, you are amazing.

I can’t imagine either why anyone would really want to know a diagnosis and there are many people on this forum who are caring for people who feel exactly the same as you. It surely must be one of the most confronting things I could ever think about.

I do think that getting a diagnosis will help you to get some kind of care in the future that will keep you safe and comfortable as you continue down this path. I know that you were told of some problems with your fronto and temporal lobes a long time ago but I believe in view of the fact that it was so long ago that having a review might be helpful. Certainly diagnostic tools have improved a lot and perhaps knowing what you are dealing with might take away some of the anxiety and stress you obviously and understandably have.

I hope some will be along soon who will be of more help.
Im