I D Bracelets

lorna i

Feb 24, 2008
kent
Hi. Mum my has just started wandering. She has no idea where she is, or who she is, so if she is seperated from my Dad she is lost.

Has anyone got any information on where I can get a Alzheimers identification bracelet or similar?

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi

I saw leaflets for them in Boots the other day. I'm not sure if each Boots does them, but the pharmacy counter had them in my local one.

I just got Dad a tracker in case he gets lost.

Good luck.

Beverley

dedicated doe

Aug 24, 2007
wirral merseyside
I.D. Bracelets

HI There,just want to add that you could purchase the I.D.bracelets from Boots although they vary in price (over £20] and some local chemists are now stocking them,hope you are lucky in finding what you want and it is helpfull, i bought a bracelet for my husband but he would not wear it so i bought a necklace and put two dog/army tags on and got them engraved and he has been fine with them. Anyway good luck.God Bless DOE.

bclark

Feb 15, 2008
greenhithe kent
dear lorna, i belong to local dementia support group we have
just had this discussion, some of us have joined a very good company, you pay 12.99 per year, you are linked to a site that holds information about you and loved one you can choose between any bracelets, or chains, key fob they will give you a voucher for you towards your engravement, and they will engrave it for you. you get a wallet with next of kin details you can write in.some chemist sell the boxes, but we bought ours on line as you get more. the first 12.99 you will get a bracelet or chain you have to pay more if you want silver or gold i am not sure if i can mention them because of advertising but if you send me private message i will let you know, just to say my husband went missing for 36hrs he was found the lady noticed alans key fob and card in wallet.:)bclark

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
I welcome the info about id bracelets for the patients but what about the carer?

I leave my wife in the hands of carers each day. If i am late home from work, they do not habng about and just shove off.

I have made enquiries about a card or disc with the following information:-

My name is .......
My wife has Alzheimers Disease and is alone in the house.
Please contact the following immediately,

1) Mr. xxxy,or;
2) Mrs. wwt etc.

So far i have not turned anything up at all.

bclark

Feb 15, 2008
greenhithe kent
dear grommit,my local alzeimers and dementia support services supply cards for the carers which say who you are caring for and your details, try asking them if you do not have a nearby one i will ask my adss branch to send you one, bclark:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Grommit.

The Admiral Nurses sent me ID cards for both of us. If you give them a ring, they will send them to you.

Hope this helps.

Love xx

chrissey

Feb 24, 2008
ID Bracelets

I made my own from plastic key fobs. Norm has one on him all the time, useful and easy to change info if on holiday when details change. I keep mine on me and I also have in my list of contacts on my mobileICE (in case of emergency) with the names and numbers of contacts. One other useful tip an emergency member said mobile phonelists usually list contacts as "Ann" "Joe" etc I now have added a tag to my names eg "Annbest friend" "Joe Neighbour" etc

towncrier

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
id bracelets etc

I made my own from plastic key fobs.

I posted on this previously. You can buy a dog tag and have it engraved cheaply at shoe repairers, market stalls and the like. It could be attached to a keyring or a charm bracelet, or used as a pendant if your wanderer will accept it. It could be useful to write out a card and paste it into a glasses case. Maybe a laundry marker on various items of clothing would help. The ICE tag added to your phone contact would be understood by ambulance personnel. For the carer, a note at the front of your diary, if you carry one, should be enough to get help to your patient if you should be in an accident. However, for your home safety, don't put address details in; just contact details of somebody you can rely on to get help to your dependant.