I could have cried

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Today I met up with my friend Justin. He has early onset Alzheimers and has had it since his 30's. He is now in his early 40's. Today as we sat in the cafe he couldnt work out how to use his knife and fork and then couldn't do up his coat. He invited me back to his house but as soon as we were outside the cafe he asked me where we were going.I walked back to his house so he would get back there and when we got there he kept showing me little treasures. I have been having a bad couple of days myself, lost things, confused and feeling giddy. Poor Justin it is so tragic. I am plodding on with my writing.I am about to start a blog called 'Cooking by Kindle light' if I remember to do it

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s very sad Sarah. There is no other word for it. Justin is lucky to have you for a friend, someone who really understands.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I hope I can be a good friend to him. I am hoping we will get someone else involved so we can go out to more exciting places and I don't live in fear of losing him (esp if a loo break is needed by either of us) He can just turn around in Tesco and in that split second he feels lost. We shop together and go to charity shops he likes doing that. I am wondering if we can volunteer at a local building where the need volunteers ti help in the gardens, I will get him to stgart on our garden first as a trial run.
I don't want to be his carer I just want to be a friend. People say he is always asking where I am

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Sarah.... once again I am filled with admiration for you.....but a trifle concerned too I would hate for your friend to become too dependant on you, to the exclusion of others, you need to look after you too.:D

Good luck with the Cook Book.x.x.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
You are so impressive in the efforts you are making to deal with this illness yourself and in your friends. Getting the most out of life is not easy at the best of times so well done for going that extra mile.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Sarah, you are a very good friend to Justin. It almost made me cry too.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
How very sad to have this when so young. You are a lovely person Sarah and Justin is so fortunate to have you for a friend. Do look after yourself too. x

Samantha1977

Jan 16, 2017
I can not imagine how you feel. I just think you're incredibly strong and so is your friend. Both so fortunate to have each other as friends.