I care for someone with dementia

ChloeJ

Jun 10, 2022
Hello I’m Chloe I’m 21 and I care for my dad who has recently been diagnosed with dementia

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @ChloeJ.

I’m sorry to hear about your dad. You’re very young to have caring responsibilities. I hope you have someone to share these with.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @ChloeJ welcome to DTP this is a friendly and supportive forum please feel free to ask questions about what ever you have concerns about someone will have experienced something very similar.
I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post for support and to share your experience.

ChloeJ

Jun 10, 2022
Hello Izzy Thankyou for your reply I am very young and it is alot of responsibility but me and my mum dawnie and me care for my dad which is dawnies husband and we are each other’s support and get no help from anyone

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi ,@ChloeJ
A warm welcome from me too

Rather than using the Reply button on a post .... It can be easier to reply by going to the empty text box at the bottom of a thread and simply typing in there

ChloeJ

Jun 10, 2022
hello shedrech thank you I’m sorry I’m new to this and thank you for the warm welcome ?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Don`t apologise for anything @ChloeJ It takes a while to get used to this site.

There is always someone here to help. Just ask.

I hope you are getting some help with your dad. It can be a very lonely life without help and support.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej