I care for mother 2

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
My mother as Alzheimers and vascale she as just had coving 19 .we coudent see her for 10 days she had cares but she refused to eat /drink .my sister as gone to stay with her know and is finding it difficult to get her to eats something she just wonts to sleep had docter they think its just with her getting over coving if she still same on Monday got to ring again.she as lost a lot of weight my sister says in such a short time.we lost our dad may last she keeps saying he coming for her.is this away of her hoping it happens .
I am the oldest but i can not see her for a week as i got covin
Do people do this she wont have milk or yogert

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
You can always ring 111 any changes need investigating if they don't send someone out they will advise doctors you've been in touch over the weekend. Try not to worry and take care of youself

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Milk and yoghurt can taste too creamy if you are ill @vannesser it might be better to offer something more refreshing like a lime jelly or even dips of water. They won’t be very nourishing but they will keep your mother hydrated which is the most important.

it sounds as if things are going from bad to worse for you. I’m so sorry

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
When John was at that stage I bought little jars of baby fruit and he enjoyed them. Once the habit of not eating and drinking happen though it is hard to reverse.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I hardly eat a thing for a week with Covid.
Sadly my appetite returned.
Your sister could start a ‘Food diary’ so when asked she can give great detail on the problem.
I always worry far more about fluids. If they dehydrate and then get a urine infection you really are in trouble !