I can't think of a title

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen love sorry it has been one of those days, hope tomorrow is better, we try not to let it hurt but we are just human and it does,so tomorrow when any of us feel sad we have to sing out loud a chorus of smile though your heart is aching , lets see if it works. I have started already . where are the ear plugs. goodnight love Pam

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Helen if this helps at all from a very different perspective .... 2 years or so ago I was 'tempted out' for a day by friends ..... it was meant to give me a 'break' (from the million miles an hour juggling not 24/7 caring like you) .... I was anxious, fretting about being away from either my mother's home or my own ..... anxious about all the things I needed to do and unable to allow myself time to 'relax' .... and lousy company to boot :( ..... tried a couple times more, just didn't work .....

I still ponder when people say to a carer 'look after yourself' what that really means ... because I found taking anytime out for myself just increased my anxiety levels about what was happening when I wasn't around and what 'jobs' were stacking up to greet me on my return?????? Having to work was one thing and appreciating what help I had to 'keep mum company' so I didn't leave her in 'splendid isolation' all week was one thing ... but taking time out purely for myself .... wow!!! Mind blowing!!!!

I so identify with the 'caged bird' ..... and I'm not sure being allowed to 'fly free' actually helps sometimes ..... and daring get off the treadmill for a few hours even, always made me scared I would never be able to get back on it ...... :(

No earthly help, sorry, just huge hugs,

Karen, x