I cant seem to be able to make a decision

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
Since my OH passed away 2 month ago, I seem to find myself pacing up and down looking for something to do. I have at least 4 jobs on the go but I just seem to have difficulty finishing them. I have now sorted out OH belongings some of them I cant part with at the moment with a view to decorate the bedroom that he was in. I still have loads of paperwork on the table in the conservatory which I have lost interest in. I was in the middle of a book keeping course before OH was rushed into hospital 11 and a half weeks ago and I havent got back into it as well, as well as this I will need to go back to work at some point but the truth is I cant be bothered with any thing. I wish I didnt feel like this I just cant seem to make a decision about anything at the moment. Is this normal?

Old Flopsy

Sep 12, 2019
Hi @Angtrog - you have done a lot already - sorting out OH belongings is a very emotional task to tackle- well done. So you still have many unfinished jobs- that's fine, there is no rush. Bereavement is shocking and it will take a long time to get over. Allow yourself time and eventually you will feel better. Meantime reach out to us- we are always here to send hugs.

None the Wiser

Feb 3, 2020
I totally agree with @Old Flopsy.. I can’t concentrate on anything for any length of time at the moment, and complete very little. I can’t even watch a full hour of TV. I love to read, but can’t even start a book let alone finish one. And all the ‘jobs’ I do around the house are done in a very rushed and slapdash way. My husband hasn’t died, but gone into a home! So, be kind to yourself. You’re grieving, and life looks very different. Take care.

Pepp3r

May 22, 2020
Hi @Angtrog
I'm sorry for your loss.
Yes this is normal I'm afraid. Small steps, with time for yourself in between.
A friend told me to give myself a small treat each day , even time out to just sit and read, it sounds silly but it did help .