I can't believe this has happened!

Tubbsy

Sep 5, 2010
Surrey
So I went to my mums today to meet my brother and her lifelong friend to get her to agree to PoA, which amazing she did without any fuss and signed all the forms!

I came home and as I went to pick them up off the car seat discovered to my horror that a bottle of water had leaked over them, smudging the printed words and barcodes but not the signatures! Does anone know if they'll still be accepted or will I have to go through this whole process again??!

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
Lpa

Oh Tubbsy. I feel for you. Worth ringing and asking but I think they will ask you to start again.

I printed my OHs LPA out and made numerous journeys (in the correct order) to get pages signed. The last signee said "Why are all the 'fs' upside down '?'s" I could have cried. Phoned and asked if they would accept them. Seems their site is incompatible with Firefox. So had to start again. Then after it is registered you had to go around again getting everyone to sign once more. Immense relief when forms came back.

Keep strong you will get it sorted.

Tubbsy

Sep 5, 2010
Surrey
Oh Tubbsy. I feel for you. Worth ringing and asking but I think they will ask you to start again.

I printed my OHs LPA out and made numerous journeys (in the correct order) to get pages signed. The last signee said "Why are all the 'fs' upside down '?'s" I could have cried. Phoned and asked if they would accept them. Seems their site is incompatible with Firefox. So had to start again. Then after it is registered you had to go around again getting everyone to sign once more. Immense relief when forms came back.

Keep strong you will get it sorted.

Thanks rhubarb tree, I think you are right, I will have to start again. I was just hoping someone would say 'don't worry, it'll be fine'. My mums 85 year old friend lives an hour away from me and he acted as witness and certificate provider today but I can't ask him to drive over to her house again so soon so I will have to go to him.

arielsmelody

Jul 16, 2015
Are the printed words still legible just a bit smudged? If they are, I would have thought they would be fine. I don't know about the barcodes and how important they are in the process, but I would definitely check before you do it all again.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Oh tubbsy :eek:

I have a feeling you'll have to start again, but it's definitely worth asking .....

Why is it that paperwork seems to be sooooo difficult - I know all this kind of thing got me down, it's necessary but such a chore.

Good luck :)

Lindy xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513