I can’t take anymore

AprilCamper

Apr 25, 2021
I’m hoping that when I do the first visit we can do a garden visit and my cousin can come with me. My mum often needs to pop to the loo so would make my exit while she was gone as they seem very good at distracting her.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
That would be good. Of course if I needed the loo and we were in dad's room he would switch the light on and off!

MaNaAk

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hello @AprilCamper , I am so pleased to see that your mum is settling in the CH and that she is able to have 24/7 care at this stage of her dementia. Unfortunately my dad went into a CH at a stage that his mixed dementia was very advanced due to my sister and Social Services not being helpful. Sister was very reluctant/against it and as dad would need financial support Social Services not helpful at all. Dad was kept at home with carers going into him, eventually they couldn't cope so Social Services had to intervene. Dad had support from sister and I but neither of us could give 24/7 support. My dad sadly passed a mere 8 weeks after going into care in November 2020 and died in January this year because of how advanced his dementia was plus a small stroke. I so wish I could have seen my dad settle into a CH much sooner and see how well they can work if needed but it was not to be. I hope your mum continues to settle and has a long time enjoying the company she will get in the CH and you will have relief knowing she is cared for and give yourself the rest you no doubt deserve.

Last edited:

marty21

May 4, 2021
Hi @AprilCamper , I’m a new member and just read your thread. So sorry to hear of your issues with your Mum but so pleased she’s managed to get some time in the care home whilst you get some much needed respite. Take care and hope you’re able to recharge your batteries over the next month. Best wishes

Marler19

May 16, 2021
Hi! Hope all is going well and I am so pleased the home sounds good. I have had the ‘late night calls’ myself and dread the phone when I see my mum’s number. Your thread does give me hope that we can sort out the inevitable move when the time comes. All the best to you!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream