I brought my husband home today

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Suddenly realised on Saturday afternoon that I had not heard from the Funeral Director about my Husband's ashes. Had a weekend of mild panic not remembering what my instructions had been when arranging his cremation and imagined them having been scattered in the Garden of Remembrance without me being there.

Sent an e-mail and at 9 a.m. this morning had a telephone call to say he was sitting safely on a shelf in the Urn Room - fell about laughing on the telephone - his second name was Ernest - and could be collected when convenient. Rushed off to fetch him home - via the supermarket hoping no-one would break into the car and steal him whilst I was shopping.

We always planned that our ashes would be mingled and scattered somewhere on the South Downs together with those of our dogs. Lucky Solicitor!

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Thank you Kassy - maybe one day my husband and I will meet up with your Mum - lovely area to be scattered on. WIFE

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad your husband is home Wife.
I didn't bring Dave's ashes home but I did bring him home for the morning of the funeral. It is something I am so glad I did.
I hope your scattering goes well. x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister