I Apologise to Chiplet

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
I just want to say im sorry for my coments i hate the fact now ive upset someone who i dont even know. It was me looking at it as if it was my mum and i shouldnt do it. Its become a really touchy subject with me if im in the presents of people who say anything about the illness i fly off the handle i am genuinely sorry to Chiplet and hiope ive caused no enemys on here. As you have all been a big help ive been insensitive and well acted like a total idiot.

Once again

Im sorry, I have also pm'ed Chiplet with an apology

Mark

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Well done Mark. I am sure that Chiplet appreciates your apology. We are all living under great stress, because of the effects of this disease on us or our loved ones, as well as the stress of everyday living. You are not the first one to say something that you later regret and I am sure you won't be the last - and I include myself in that. It takes a big person to realise their mistake and apologise and you are to be congratulated for that.

Take care.

lovdn2

Jul 24, 2007
Mark

With the stress we are all under from time to time, it is all too easy to over react sometimes.

Good for you for apologise so honestly and openly.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Mark,
You've hit the nail right on the head. It is very easy for us to misread something and overreact. You're just oversensitive. AD will do that to us.

You have done the right thing and apologized. It takes a very big person to do so.

Keep your chin up.

Joanne

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Mark, I hope Chiplet can accept your apology with the grace and understanding that some others have shown for me here when I've screwed up ..... appearing to 'lash out' at someone personally when of course, they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when I was totally stressed / distressed about something and handled it the wrong way ..... :eek:

I am sure I am not the only one understands your hurt and reactions ..... and try to empathise with Chiplet too .....

Well done Mark ..... apologies take guts .....

And you are not an idiot - just a man to be respected for caring so passionately about his mum .....

Love Karen, x

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Mark,
Thank you. You have completely restored my image of you as a caring and sensitive man - and we need as many of those in the world as we can get!!

I am immensely touched that you have made your public (as well as private) apology to Chiplet - just shows what a truly good person you are.
Bless you!

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Mark
I'll be honest here I was totally shocked when I read your post reply to chiplet, so much so, that I privately messaged chiplet after reading it. I was hoping that I would see this apology and couldn't be more pleased. Take Care. Taffy.

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Well i really do realise how wrong i was.

Not only that but what came into play was, well mum would of give me a right good telling off as i was never brought up that way and as soon as i seen the private messages i had i thought OH NO and i really dont want to make enemys. I will from now on be a lot more understanding with people on the forum. I thought id let you know ive made contact with an organiser of AD events and im hoping we can offer our services to raise some money. Were also raising money for the NSPCC on Saturday.

Take Care

Mark

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
elwoodlpool said:
I thought id let you know ive made contact with an organiser of AD events and im hoping we can offer our services to raise some money. Were also raising money for the NSPCC on Saturday.

Well done, Mark. It's great that you can use your talents to help others.

Love,

lovdn2

Jul 24, 2007
Well done Mark

It's good to see a negative ( though completely unintentional) act turned into a positive one.

Hope you raise lots of money.

LuluB

Jul 11, 2007
Leicestershire
Hi Mark,

I am sure that Chiplet understood where your comments were coming from. It is a very touchy subject and I agree with you, I also get mad if in the presence of people making light of the disease.
I remember one night last year, my hubby and I were drinking a few :)rolleyes: ) sherbets with my brother-in-law and his neighbours. I went off to bed, and before I'd even reached the stairs I heard my BIL say to his neighbours "can't say this in front of her as her mum has dementia, but here's a cracking joke about alzheimers!" I'm glad to say that no-one at that table laughed.

To make matters worse, it was my birthday, and I was on the other side of the world knowing that my mother that week had been taken into respite care!

Even though I never said anything to him, I have never forgiven him for his insensitivity and ignorance. Thank god my husband was there, I don't think I had ever cried so much!

Well done you for apologising,

Who's the daddy?

LuluB
:D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Mark.

You now have cause to be proud of yourelf, and I`m sure your mum would be even more proud of you. She was the one who brought you up, after all.

Love xx

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Putting one's foot in it

Mark,

I am the world's best person at doing this, and never intend any harm or distress, but sometimes it all just gets to you personally and you do it. Don't worry. Don't berate yourself. I don't know if the person you upset has responded, but maybe he or she is still considering your apology.

Hey we can't be perfect all of the time when we are coping with this lifelong illness.

I think we all regard the other members on the site as people who can "take it". I know I sometimes sound off at my husband and he hasn't a clue what I mean, and I find someome on this site that I think will be more understanding, so I sound off at them, and it is a mistake.

Don't kill yourself, I'm not even in on the thread, but if you've said something out of turn, well join the club, and if you've apologised, well join the next club.

Welcome.

Love,

Margaret

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Margaret W said:
I think we all regard the other members on the site as people who can "take it". I know I sometimes sound off at my husband and he hasn't a clue what I mean, and I find someome on this site that I think will be more understanding, so I sound off at them, and it is a mistake.

Margaret, I think you're right, this is a great mistake. We are none of us 'people who can take it'.

We are all as vulnerable as you are, and as sensitive. We are all suffering from stress, and that includes the moderators. Perhaps you have noticed the signature 'Carer and volunteer moderator'. We are all carers first, suffering as you are suffering. We are here for mutual support, and no-one needed support more than I did last week.

By all means sound off about 'the system', the disease, SS, banks, families, etc. We've all done that at times.

But personal attacks on posters are not acceptable. People post because they need help and support, and a personal attack is neither helpful nor supportive. It is more likely to drive the poster away just when he/she most needs help.

Many of your posts have been very supportive, and I'm sure people have appreciated them. I hope you'll continue.

Love,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I have not seem chiplet around on TP , Since Mark apologized to her , Or since it happen

I do hope that this has not happen
Hazel It is more likely to drive the poster away just when he/she most needs help.

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
I, like Mark, have caused offence on TP to someone who has more than enough to cope with without my crass posting. I have deeply regretted my thoughtless words and the hurt they caused.

I pride myself on being one of those who 'can take it' - what I cannot take is the realisation of the stupidity of my actions.

Dick

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Dick,
I have no knowledge of what went on, but I do know that you must not beat yourself up over it. It is always hardest to forgive ourselves, but we must do it. I'm sure that if the person you feel you upset is reading your post, he / she will feel as I do. Heartfelt regret (so obvious in your post) is the best apology of all.
You are a valued member of our TP community so please, forgive yourself and just keep posting.
Warmest wishes,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo