I am so confused

sue_1

Mar 29, 2017
Bristol
Mum has not been well for a while and has had changes to her medication for her copd and heart also diabetic meds has been added, for two weeks mum has had loose bowels, not eating and drinking very little which really is not helping. Mum has been agitated with careers and has often refused personal care, also a bit more confused than she normally is. Yesterday afternoon mum was sat in her chair and it seemed like she fainted rather than fell out her chair, an ambulance was called and her level of delirium was through the roof so was taken to a&e we were there for nine hours, it seemed mum never gave herself a rest she was asking where people were that had died many years ago, asking where objects had gone that she had never owned but said that she had them five minutes ago, saying sh. Just got back from shopping or from days out or holidays, sometimes I just could not work out what she was trying to say it was awful. Mum had scans, xrays and bloods done and eventually went onto a ward at two this morning I then went home. I went this morning mum was asleep and has been all day. Dr came to see me and said scans, X-ray, bloods and water test are fine. There is nothing wrong, nothing to cause the delirium just one of those things. They are keeping her in for the weekend for observation.......I am confused by this and just do not know what to think, has anyone else had this happen to their pwd ? Sorry for long post

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m not surprised you`re confused when your poor mum is experiencing so many different symptoms @sue_1. The trouble is she has so many complicated medical issues it sounds as if the doctors and tests are unable to pinpoint what is actually the worst culprit.

I know when my husband`s diabetes was unpredictable his confusion increased. I also know when people with dementia have any infections the effect is much more serious than when those of us without dementia have infections.

I hope the medics are able to find out what is causing all this worry.