I am new here

Testona

Jul 21, 2015
Abergavenny
I have only just registered, so have to find my way around.
We are waiting for a final diagnosis for my father, who has either vascular dementia or mixed dementia.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Here now, hope you find this website as helpful as I have, Its amazing what you can ask and how quickly the support and answers come your way. I Forgot to say 'hello'

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Ela, welcome to TP
I wouldn't worry too much about the actual diagnosis if the options are vascular or mixed it's all much of a muchness really. The important thing is to work out you and your family are going to move forward: emotionally, financially and all the rest, where and what is available in the way of help and how to access it. I hope you find some things of use to you on here by which I mean information and support.
K

Last edited:

Testona

Jul 21, 2015
Abergavenny
Thanks everyone. I went to see a dementia support worker on Monday and I'm glad that she recommended this forum.
My father has just woken me at 06.45 for no apparent reason - he says he is ok. I am so tired that I am not functioning properly! I just posted a new thread and I think it was in the wrong section!

jannie54

Jun 29, 2015
Hi..i am new here and need help and advice please

Hi Everyone

My 89 year old Mum has been diagnosed with mixed dementia..and doesn't understand or believe anything is wrong..she feels all the doctors do not know her and that myself, my sister and my brother are being horrible..
she refused to have a CT scan and take any medication
The social services have phoned to arrange a care assessment and she just puts the phone down on them saying she doesn't need any help and the district nurse came around to do a bladder scan because incontinent and she refused to let them in.

She lives with her partner who is 90 years old and their health and welfare is a worrying issue..she will not accept any help from us and refuses a care assessment..she believes she is doing everything in the home but she is doing nothing..the place is very dirty, the laundry is piling up, they are both losing weight because not eating properly..she is incontinent, but forgetting to wear pads, not changing her clothes or washing herself..it's horrible to say but she smells and so does the home..we have tried every way possible to help her but she screams at us to get out and at present will not even talk to us because we tried to explain she definitely needs assistance..her partner tries to tell her we are right, that they both need care and assistance but she just threatens him that he will have to pack his bags and leave if he agrees with us rather than her..it is very tough on him at 90 years old and very frustrating and worrying for us.

I just need as much help and advice as possible, because I do not know which way to turn