I am lost

MrsTerryN

Dec 17, 2012
Mum died 7 weeks ago.
I retired early to be with mum in 2015.
At that time husband was going to retire 2017.. in the next few months
We had our life all sorted.. seeing mum.. and the two of us.
Mum died...and for a variety of reasons husband isn't retiring till 2018.
I don't know what to do. I have travel planned and only so much shopping I can do
I miss mum so much.. I don't know what to do

Sent from my SM-A800IZ using Tapatalk

irismary

Feb 7, 2015
West Midlands
So sorry to hear about your Mom, its early days and so of course you still feel raw. I'm not in your shoes so forgive me for making suggestions but is there a local women's group you could join, line dancing, bridge club or perhaps volunteering for a charity shop or local school. My friends mom goes into a local school once a week now her husband died having had vascular dementia and she loves it. Perhaps avoid anything connected to dementia but it may be a way of making some friends, keeping busy until you can go travelling with your husband. Take the first step. I remember my mom going to a tea dance a couple of months after my dad died, she felt guilty but she built up a fantastic social life. Best wishes

MrsTerryN

Dec 17, 2012
I have joined a university of third age.. They do lots...however we have a dog...who is on 8 hourly medication....husband was going to do the afternoon dose for me .
I just ... this isn't how we planned for things.

Sent from my SM-A800IZ using Tapatalk

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I do sympathise. It must be very difficult. Have you any creative impulses you could tap into - do you like music, art, craft, writing? I used to try my hand at writing and it lifted me beyond myself - the same applies to playing the fiddle, which I took up at retirement. Maybe there's something you didn't manage to explore when you were younger and you could do so now?

Or failing that, walking - could you find a ramblers group or a friend to walk with?

Visiting historic sites? Cookery classes?

Very best wishes for getting something enjoyable and comforting back into your life.
Marcelle xx

PS You posted again just before I did. The U3A sounds fab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL