I am just not coping.

sarafina

Sep 28, 2009
My Beatuiful, beautiful Mum died on the 22nd of December and I am just not coping with her gone. I can't get up, have no motivation to live anymore, what keeps me going s that I could join her if I don't improve.
I don't know what to do.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Sarafina you sound so alone, but grief is like that. Is there some friend or other family member you can talk to about this? If not, or you don't feel you can, why not try calling the Samaritans who are always there to listen and support you.

Dustycat

Jul 14, 2014
North East
Sorry to hear about your Mum. I lost my Mum in May 2014 and I cry every day I miss her so much. I am thinking about counselling. People say it gets easier but 8 months on it is still raw. But I know my Mum would want me to be brave and that's what keeps me going. Take care. Xxx

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Sarafina, I look after my mother who is 90, at home with Alzheimer's and has been bedbound for 18 months so I can empathise with you. I can imagine how you feel after years of caring when suddenly that role ceases and you feel lost without your mother there. All your attention and motivation has been focused on looking after her for so long. It will take time to adjust to the new situation and it must be very hard. I think the other posters are right and you have to seek some kind of help. Could you go to your GP for a start? The surgery may offer counselling or put you in touch with somebody. I do understand and I know I am going to find it equally hard when it happens.

Palmer22

Feb 13, 2015
My Beatuiful, beautiful Mum died on the 22nd of December and I am just not coping with her gone. I can't get up, have no motivation to live anymore, what keeps me going s that I could join her if I don't improve.
I don't know what to do.

Hi sarafina,

Firstly i'm sorry to hear about your mum.
i understand how you are feeling as i too have gone through this.
I know its very hard. The only one simple thing that helped me and gave me no choice but to get through it was;
You have to think your mum would not want you feeling like this
she would more than likely want you to smile and laugh at the memories and thought of the happy times you both had.
also the last and main thing is you HAVE to think that your mum is not in any more pain and she is not suffering, she is, wherever she is, with other lost loved ones.

Hope this helps

Jodie