I am in need of serious help

Blondarrow

Jul 13, 2019
Hi everyone, I am in need of serious help regarding my grandmother. I was her carer for about a decade and then she fell and broke her hip. She then never truly recovered and developed dementia. During this terrible time, my aunt from America came over. MY nan had always told me that she hadn't been able to receive any carers money for me, but she had been lying the entire time and was receiving about £800 a month which my Aunty told me. My nan was in tbe hospital for about 7 months and during this time one of her sisters thought she should tell my other Aunt Jaqui. My nan had an injunction against Jacqui and even though we told the hospital this they still allowed her in to visit.
The nurses kept telling us she didn't have dementia, until one slipped up and told us from her documents. Then the next thing that happened was my nan said that me, my mum and my Aunty Kim had stolen all her money and jewellery, which I hear is quite common. However, my Aunty Jaqui decided to believe this and took her in power of attorney documents to sign. Then we were blocked from seeing her and suddenly a woman she hadn't spoken to in two years for abuse was in charge of her life. She has always hated me because I'm the only grandson and my nab favoured me. She actually said she hated me from the womb.
I then found out that my nan had been home for three months and none had told me, so I immediately went there, sidecar was in there with her wouldn't let me in and I had to speak to her through the window. She told the person to let me in and they wouldn't. Everything she said then had whispering and she took it back. It was horrific. This whole thing has been devastating.
Now my nan has been moved to an old ppls home. Something she made need promise never to do, NY cousin is driving around in the disability car we picked out together and no one will tell me where she is. Surely I have the right to know where they have put her. I can't gain anything from going to see her. It's cruel, and if they truly had her best wishes at heart then they would let her see me. We've always been so close. I feel like I'm grieving for someone who is still on the Earth. Jaqui never wanted to know until she sniffed money. And the only reason she won't tell me is because she hates me. No one will help, I saw a solicitor who said they can do nothing without an address. I have spoken to more charities than I can tell you. Social services have said it's finished as far as they're concerned. But I wouldn't even know if something happened to her. I have the original will she made when she was well, and now I've also found out that she should have been paying MBE that money all this time. Can someone please offer some advice. I have no where left to turn.
Thank you for your time
Steven
I

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to DTP @Blondarrow

What a dreadful situation for you all.

I think you will benefit from having a chat with our helpline

National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.