I am getting passed around in a circle by the authorities. Any advice?

Pat75

Aug 23, 2019
Hi to all, my mother is on Donepezil 10mg these at first slowed down and for a while stopped the aggression, the bad temper and the swearing, but now the mention of a bath drives my mother to another level and on one occasion she bit her carer. I have joined here in the hope someone can give me some advice on where to go. My mother has flooded the neighbours below her four times this year, walked out of her area with two kids she did not know, and when she goes out it’s always in the middle of the night, and when I find her she is soaked due to wetting herself. I have been told to get a urine sample done to rule out infection, but even if it is an infection this will not in my eyes change her behaviour, maybe I’m wrong. This has been going on for ages and I am getting passed around in a circle by the authorities. Any advice?

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Pat75 and welcome to DTP
Sometimes a UTI can play havoc with a PWD and a course of AB”s can work wonders so worth a try.
I’m sure it’s very worrying that she is wondering at night there is various alarms that can alert you to her leaving the house.
I wonder if a read through the Alzheimer’s Society’s list of fact sheets might help you so I’ve attached the following link
https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list
Now you have found us I hope you will continue to post

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi to all, my mother is on Donepezil 10mg these at first slowed down and for a while stopped the aggression, the bad temper and the swearing, but now the mention of a bath drives my mother to another level and on one occasion she bit her carer. I have joined here in the hope someone can give me some advice on where to go. My mother has flooded the neighbours below her four times this year, walked out of her area with two kids she did not know, and when she goes out it’s always in the middle of the night, and when I find her she is soaked due to wetting herself. I have been told to get a urine sample done to rule out infection, but even if it is an infection this will not in my eyes change her behaviour, maybe I’m wrong. This has been going on for ages and I am getting passed around in a circle by the authorities. Any advice?
I would email and phone the SS for an urgent reassessment.Mine for Dad was done in a week.I Also email as they normally print it out and bring it with them.Also contact her GP.Vunerable adult and duty of care etc .Sometimes it doesn’t hurt to remind them.If you need to get a urine sample try and get a sterilised bowl otherwise it will probably show contamination.Surgery or nurse will have one.It is tinfoil normally.Good luck.