I am desperate for advice..........

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Meh ..the true reality is that there is no support. UTI is a common cause of delerium in older people so its the first point of exclusion. But what remains is a lack of memory on how dementia can suddenly and without warning take a decline....UTI out of the picture. I found mums memory clinic guys useless and frankly they didn't want to know other than give utter clap trap advice down the phone. In the end I had to appeal to mums GP and the social workers, bearing in mind we then lived in the middle of nowhere. Believe me when I say getting carers or any kind of support to mum was like trying to get blood from a stone. It took a few letters to mums MP and alot of fight to get help, by which time it was too late....

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Just realised what I said might seem out of place on this thread...but I stand by what I have said in respct to the post before mine

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
The thing to remember is the whole form is the POA in its entirety and when presenting it (or official copy) to bank or GP surgery make sure you get it back as not cheap to replace.

Looseleaf

Mar 22, 2020
The thing to remember is the whole form is the POA in its entirety and when presenting it (or official copy) to bank or GP surgery make sure you get it back as not cheap to replace.
I have just sent the PofA to the bank but then had a phone call to say we needed to go in person to the branch to sign more forms and answer further questions!? Even more complications thrown in our path!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I have just sent the PofA to the bank but then had a phone call to say we needed to go in person to the branch to sign more forms and answer further questions!? Even more complications thrown in our path!
Book an appointment with the bank manager and find out what you need to bring with you - usually it is 2 lots of ID and they usually want to see the original POA - never send the original anywhere as if it gets lost it cant be replaced. If anywhere wants to see the original then take it by hand and count the number of pages you get back to make sure you have got it all back. If you have to send it somewhere through the post send a certified copy. Lots of places scan whatever is sent to them and then shred the original!

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I always send my OH POA via tracked postage so I knew they had received it. It only costs about £1.30 to do. I also always ask for them to return it the same way I sent it and so far everyone had done.