I am Back

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Came back from my weeks respite today.
Walked into the house. and Peg gave me such a beautiful smile ,put out her arms to me and gave me a kiss.
She looked so pathetic and lost, sitting there and it really cracked me up,I had such a job holding back the tears.
She did not ask me where had I been,she had not missed me,she just said "you are good to me",just for a few flowers.
I have just read Connie's post in a similar vein,to understand the pain and the breaking heart one must have been there.
To love some one as much as I love Peg,creates moments of desperation.
I would willingly give up all that I have to have my Peg back again
If I believed that we would meet again wnen we leave this life, it would help,but I cannot accept that
I cannot tell whether my respite does me any good whether it makes life harder
I suppose getting more relief from the 24/7 chores mus t give the strength to carry on..
Norman

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
I am pleased to see you back Norman.
I am sure the respite does help, does give you a chance to recharge your physical batteries - nothing will help your breaking heart though Norman.
Much love, Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome back Norman. Well at least Peg remembered you. That must have helped. Now you can return to caring. Love Sylvia x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Norman said:
To love some one as much as I love Peg,creates moments of desperation.
I would willingly give up all that I have to have my Peg back again

Welcome back, Norman. I know exactly how you feel.

It's so hard for you, but you do need your respite. Just remember that we're all here to support you, whenever you need us.

Love,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Norm......welcome back, we have missed you.

Do hope you have managed to recharge your batteries. I am sure Peg, in her own way, missed you too, even if she did not appear to notice you had gone.
Life is a b...h sometimes. See you soon, love

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Welcome back Norman

I can't imagine what it's like to care for a loved one 24/7 - heartbreaking I'm sure. A break away can only be a good thing.

If I believed that we would meet again wnen we leave this life, it would help,but I cannot accept that
If only we knew

Take care

Libs