I actually miss the phone calls

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Sorry to be soft, but mum has been in hospital for ten days now, and so often in a normal day she will call me or I will call her about some trivial rubbish like what's on Emmerdale, sometimes the calls were annoying, like not another one, but ten days with no calls as she's in hospital as she struggle with mobiles I miss not being able to call her with thoughts on Emmerdale or Coronation Street and miss her calls to me. Just nonsense stuff that doesn't matter really, trivial rubbish.

I didn't think I'd ever miss those calls but I do.

cheryl k

Sep 9, 2012
Sorry to be soft, but mum has been in hospital for ten days now, and so often in a normal day she will call me or I will call her about some trivial rubbish like what's on Emmerdale, sometimes the calls were annoying, like not another one, but ten days with no calls as she's in hospital as she struggle with mobiles I miss not being able to call her with thoughts on Emmerdale or Coronation Street and miss her calls to me. Just nonsense stuff that doesn't matter really, trivial rubbish.

Hi Noorza

You are not soft at all just expressing how we all feel when this happens. I don't talk to my Dad everyday anymore it is too much for him to handle. I miss it terribly also.
When we do talk and he can handle a conversation it is only what the thought is in his mind at that point. He can't seem to handle anymore than that.

This disease is awful.

Take care and I hope your Mom is able to go home soon.

Cheryl

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Noorza, how is your mum now ? Edit: Sorry, I've just seen you posts on your other thread.
I can understand how you miss your mum's phone calls. It's part of your everyday life.
Thinking about you.

turbo

Last edited:

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Thanks for your understanding. There are very few people who would understand, but on this site everyone seems to.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada

It's surprising, isn't it? I thought the constant phone calls and the repetition would drive me mad when they were happening but now that my mother doesn't speak anymore, I would give anything for her to speak, even if it were only to swear or be negative. I miss her voice.