I’m finally FREE ~~

RonnieRocky2

Jan 20, 2022
IM HAPPY TO FINALLY AFTER 5 years of BEING A CARETAKER OF A HUSBAND WITH DEMENTIA and more !!!!!!!
Ive finally taken care of all one needs to.
And honestly I don’t miss the person he became one bit.
He was always a covert narcissitic who hId his true self from others. Only I knew his true self. But God and my drs believed me.
He almost drove me crazy , had to protect myself from him.
I still suffer from anxiety, depression and PTSD FROM ALL years i was married to him but when he lost his mind with constant hallusionations ect. Thoes years were the the worst I’m still dealing with THE TRAMMA of how he made me pay for his sickness.
I thank GOD FOR HOSPICE. THEY SAVED ME FROM HIM. I CANT BELIVE I HAVE A FEW YRS LEFT TO BE A WIDOW AND ON MY OWN.
I now have my life back and can be my true self.

Last edited:

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I don’t know wether to offer condolences or congratulations @RonnieRocky2 but welcome anyway.

Having recently distanced myself from some narcissistic people I get what you’re saying. I’m glad you’re healing.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
IM HAPPY TO FINALLY AFTER 5 years of BEING A CARETAKER OF A HUSBAND WITH DEMENTIA and more !!!!!!!
Ive finally taken care of all one needs to.
And honestly I don’t miss the person he became one bit.
He was always a covert narcissitic who hId his true self from others. Only I knew his true self. But God and my drs believed me.
He almost drove me crazy , had to protect myself from him.
I still suffer from anxiety, depression and PTSD FROM ALL years i was married to him but when he lost his mind with constant hallusionations ect. Thoes years were the the worst I’m still dealing with THE TRAMMA of how he made me pay for his sickness.
I thank GOD FOR HOSPICE. THEY SAVED ME FROM HIM. I CANT BELIVE I HAVE A FEW YRS LEFT TO BE A WIDOW AND ON MY OWN.
I now have my life back and can be my true self.
Dear @RonnieRocky2 ,

You are a saint and should be proud of yourself. Now it is time for you.

Take care of yourself.

Hugs

MaNaAk

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @RonnieRocky2
a warm welcome to DTP

it's challenging being a carer whatever the relationship and if the relationship was troubled no wonder there's relief and trauma in the aftermath

It's good that this community is here for you to let it all out

I'm glad the hospice was there for your husband and for you

Take time to gradually decompress, your feelings will be all over the place for some time no doubt ... however the role of carer has been, when finished it leaves an almighty dent in your life which takes a while to level out ... and others need to deal with their feelings, which may be different as they weren't there to experience the man as you did ... don't be hasty in making big changes; be kind to yourself

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello @RonnieRocky2
a warm welcome to DTP

it's challenging being a carer whatever the relationship and if the relationship was troubled no wonder there's relief and trauma in the aftermath

It's good that this community is here for you to let it all out

I'm glad the hospice was there for your husband and for you

Take time to gradually decompress, your feelings will be all over the place for some time no doubt ... however the role of carer has been, when finished it leaves an almighty dent in your life which takes a while to level out ... and others need to deal with their feelings, which may be different as they weren't there to experience the man as you did ... don't be hasty in making big changes; be kind to yourself
Sometime after putting dad in the care home I went down with shingles so you do have to be careful.

MaNaAk