I’m 25 and I’m pretty afraid

vrgdani

Mar 29, 2023
It all started in november of 2021. I had headaches, dizziness, auto-pilot feeling, brainfog. In february, I started to notice memory and concetrational problems. It’s basically still same same this day. My mind is slow, memory is bad, cant focus on things. I have DPDR and inattentive ADHD feelings.
One time I had a second long confusion. I was driving home, my mind was full of thoughts. My mom called me to go to their place for something. I sad okay, put down the phone and my body was started driving there. I was pretty zoned out, deeply thinking about money and financial things. When I zoned back in, for a brief moment I was like “**** how stupid I am I’m not living there anymore, I should be driving to my own house.” Than after a second everything came clear, I knew that we talked on phone and that I needed to show up. But it was scary. I remember I was thinking if this is what dementia feels like.

I went to a neurologist the past years. I even had an MRI. Everything was negative except a arachnoidealis cyst, but that shouldt cause any symptoms. At the doctor we did a test, everything was fine but I had a excercise where I was asked to count back from 100 by 7s. I messed that up, after 79 I went like 62 I believe, then 55 and so on. Other then that I did fine. The doc said everything is fine, he said he is positive that Im not having dementia.

But I feel like I have. At 25. Any advice?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @vrgdani

You have had all the tests to pick up dementia and they are all fine - everyone is allowed to mess up one question - so at 25 yrs old it is very, very, extremely unlikely that you have dementia.

The sort of symptoms you have been getting could be due to several other things, including stress and depression. I assume that your GP did blood tests to rule out any other physical causes of brain fog, like vit B12 deficiency.

vrgdani

Mar 29, 2023
Hello @vrgdani

You have had all the tests to pick up dementia and they are all fine - everyone is allowed to mess up one question - so at 25 yrs old it is very, very, extremely unlikely that you have dementia.

The sort of symptoms you have been getting could be due to several other things, including stress and depression. I assume that your GP did blood tests to rule out any other physical causes of brain fog, like vit B12 deficiency.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, my blood test was fine the last time I got one.