Hyperactive behaviour

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear candy, your mother is certainly one determined lady. It`s no fun for you, but you have to admire her spirit.

I hope they keep her in hospital long enough to realize how challenging her behaviour is, then maybe someone will come up with a solution.

hawaii50

What a saga Candy. I am so sorry for what you have been through - and your mum too. This is the time to get social services involved or re-involved and insist in a solution for helping with her care before she is discharged. Your mum will probably be very disoriented in the hospital and may display new traits! (like removing the cast!!)
My mum was in hospital just over two years ago and it was a nightmare for us - and for the ward! She kept insisting she needed to pay for bed and breakfast and had the most fantastic stories to tell us of all the adventures that she took part in - this was my first introduction to her fabulous imagination!! She also escaped out of the ward every night and had to be retrieved. This was before we started looking after her full time. I insisted social services put a care plan in place before she was discharged - mum discharged them two months later insisting she was perfectly capable of doing for herself! And we have been "doing" for her ever since. Anyway take the opportunity to involve them when you have the nursing staff to corroborate your dilema.
Take care.

candymostdandy@

May 12, 2006
west sussex
How does she do it?

Mum has come home today after 10 days in hospital because of her fall.

As I said before she took the first cast off the first night.

Second cast lasted from last tuesday to Sunday evening
Managed to unravel it overnight

Third cast put on yesterday at 5pm

it was off by this morning.

Fourth cast put on this am, ( I'm not hopeful) that its the last....

They have never seen anything like it, and how she manages to do it!!!!!

Since she's been home this pm, she keeps tugging at this one, so I am sure that I will be paying more visits to the Accident and Emergency unit to have it replaced once again...

just glad we're not being charged everytime.