Husbands condition

Salsaqueen

Dec 28, 2019
Hi my husband was diagnosed with alzheimer's 4 years ago. This year has been really difficult. He had a bad urine infection which made him hallucinate and obsess about food. He settled down after having medication for infection. Unfortunately he has started being a bit strange again over xmas. I took him to the doctors and they have given him antibiotics. Not sure if it's an infection or another stage of his alzheimer's. We have got to wait and see. It's really upsetting. I feel emotional all the time. I put on an act for the family.

Maytree

Dec 28, 2019
Hi my husband was diagnosed with alzheimer's 4 years ago. This year has been really difficult. He had a bad urine infection which made him hallucinate and obsess about food. He settled down after having medication for infection. Unfortunately he has started being a bit strange again over xmas. I took him to the doctors and they have given him antibiotics. Not sure if it's an infection or another stage of his alzheimer's. We have got to wait and see. It's really upsetting. I feel emotional all the time. I put on an act for the family.
hi salsa queen,you will soon know if an infection the antibiotics will start to improve things ,it is very hard my dad who has mixed dementia has had several urine infections which did respond to antibiotics,also pneumonia several times because he won't have the softer food which he has been told to have because of his poor swallow, he understands in the moment the need for softer food, but then forgets,then he won't eat the purée type food as he says he is not a baby, he is also forgetting he has had food says he is not being fed in the home but he is even having 2 breakfasts, your emotions will go up and down,it is like being on a roller coaster.maybe you should let your family know exactly how you feel,it is hard shouldering everything alone,you need to take of you to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheree.fielder1