Husband's assessment

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Hi there!

Is it right that a social worker during an assessment tells my husband that his illness will get worse!!! I think not!

Reds

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I'm sorry you got a social worker with the diplomatic skills and discretion of an elephant, Reds. That is so annoying and, from your post, I feel distressing for you both.

Reds

Sep 5, 2011
Hertfordshire
Ha! Thank you! x

Not sure why she came either, I told her there was no financial change when she rang and the assessment made no difference which is what I said in the first place! I have no faith left in social services, they are not user friendly.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
We expect more from professionals, don’t we? Unfortunately we are very often disappointed. It does seem that simple compassion would rule, but often people seem to speak or act without considering the consequences.

sixy74

Jul 4, 2018
Hi
I totally understand your frustration, we faced a similar situation ourselves last week.
Dad had been in hospital for 3 weeks and was then transferred to a care home for 28 days, we convinced him he was going to convalescence as that was a word he would accept, only for a SW to walk in and say hello do you realise where you are and why you are here
In my head I was screaming no he doesn’t and I am glad he doesn’t

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
My husband had a CPN who told him that he had Alzheimers and that it was a terminal illness
Some people are born stupid