husband with pseudo dementia

pseudo dementia

Jul 11, 2015
I have never met anyone else with pseudo dementia. I have been caring for my husband for 6 years 24/7. Is there anyone out there familiar with this type of dementia? I would really like to hear anyone's thoughts or knowledge on the subject. Thank you

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Hi there and welcome to TP - no personal experience of Pseudodementia but there was a thread about it on TP just a couple of months ago. This is the link -

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?82949-Pseudodementia

Hope that may be of some small help.

Edited to add - Caring 24/7 can be very hard but there are options for support - speak to your GP and your local Social Services and ask what is available in your area. Does your husband have a CPN or SW? They should also be able to help you access support groups for dementia and/or depression and services that can offer a sitting service/befriending service to enable you to have a break and some time to yourself.

Last edited:

Caroleca

Jan 11, 2014
Ontario canada
I see you have no replies so far...so thought I might ask what you believe it to be. I am sure there r many people on here who may be familiar with pseudo dementia but not sure how to respond. Whatever the case, unless it can be controlled, it is like living with dementia whether pseudo or not. I hope u get some responses soon.
Carole

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Hi and welcome to TP. I'm afraid I have not heard of this before but hopefully others will have and be a help to you. You will find lots of help on TP on all sorts of topics and lots of support. I'm relatively new on here now caring 24/7 for my elderly mum who has recently moved in with me. I hope someone can help. Xx

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
2nd Opinion needed

I have never met anyone else with pseudo dementia. I have been caring for my husband for 6 years 24/7. Is there anyone out there familiar with this type of dementia? I would really like to hear anyone's thoughts or knowledge on the subject. Thank you

Strikes me, a 2nd opinion is needed, medication may need changing.
Push hard, don't take no for an answer.

Bod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513