Husband with early MCI - anyone want to buddy up for support?

Teddy1960

Oct 24, 2018
Hi I would love to my husband has just got a dementia diagnosis and st 57 we are devastated xxx

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
Hi I would love to my husband has just got a dementia diagnosis and st 57 we are devastated xxx
Hi @TeddyBear77 so sorry to hear of your husbands recent diagnosis. Do you know what type of dementia he has? I was diagnosed earlier this year with FTD.
I do hope you find TP as supportive as I have :)

Puntles

Oct 13, 2020
Hi. this is an old thread but I guess not a new problem. I am in the same situation now as the person who posted then and am looking for a buddy especially now during lockdown.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Puntles
A warm welcome to DTP

Sadly, as you say, not a new issue, though new to each person who discovers that their loved one has a diagnosis

Think of the members here as a host of buddies who are ready to chat anytime about anything

So start a thread of your own when you are ready and folk will pop in to respond

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
My mother has Vascular Dementia and I have been on two CrISP courses run by the Alzheimer Society so know aspects of the disease and certain tips to make life run a bit easier for all concerned. She is now in a care home which has taken the pressure off me somewhat as her primary carer. However, earlier this year my husband was diagnosed with MCI. It's mild at the moment and I am trying really hard to do things the right way (not always possible and I admit to periods of frustration). Just wondered if there's someone in the same position who wants to vent and share with me?
Hi Emjayar,
My husband has young onset early stages mixed dementia, so I too am at moment where I too can’t do anything right, It’s really hard at times my husband still works and goes about his life but his personality and patience seems to be changing , for the worse .feel free to vent and share anytime with me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream