Husband with early MCI - anyone want to buddy up for support?

Emjayar

Nov 25, 2016
My mother has Vascular Dementia and I have been on two CrISP courses run by the Alzheimer Society so know aspects of the disease and certain tips to make life run a bit easier for all concerned. She is now in a care home which has taken the pressure off me somewhat as her primary carer. However, earlier this year my husband was diagnosed with MCI. It's mild at the moment and I am trying really hard to do things the right way (not always possible and I admit to periods of frustration). Just wondered if there's someone in the same position who wants to vent and share with me?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Emjayar, welcome to TP. I hope you find the forum a friendly, informative and supportive place.

My wife moved from a diagnosis of MCI to one of Dementia within a year so I don’t qualify as a candidate for you. However, I hope that you do find someone to share with here.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
My mother has Vascular Dementia and I have been on two CrISP courses run by the Alzheimer Society so know aspects of the disease and certain tips to make life run a bit easier for all concerned. She is now in a care home which has taken the pressure off me somewhat as her primary carer. However, earlier this year my husband was diagnosed with MCI. It's mild at the moment and I am trying really hard to do things the right way (not always possible and I admit to periods of frustration). Just wondered if there's someone in the same position who wants to vent and share with me?

Welcome to TP :)

The beauty of TP is that there are lots of people to talk & share experiences with.

WA123

Jan 20, 2018

Hi Emjayar, I PMd you a couple of weeks ago if you're still looking for a buddy.

TeddyBear77

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks trying to find my way around the website at moment
Sounds as if we are in a similar situation ☺️

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Emjayar
If you use the "reply to member" it quotes that post on the thread so anyone can see it.
If you want to send a message that only the recipient can see, you have to click on that persons avatar/user name and select "start a conversation"

Emjayar

Nov 25, 2016
Message was meant for Emjayar
Still finding my way around site

Hi...sorry I'm new to this site. Not sure if this message is private or public?
Hi @Emjayar
If you use the "reply to member" it quotes that post on the thread so anyone can see it.
If you want to send a message that only the recipient can see, you have to click on that persons avatar/user name and select "start a conversation"
Thank you!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi...sorry I'm new to this site. Not sure if this message is private or public?
I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember that to reply to a private message you have to have posted either 5 or 10 times on the site.
You can read a private message but you can't reply until you've made the minimum number of posts perhaps someone can advise, I'm sure I've read it somewhere perhaps someone can advise.
K

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You can read a private message but you can't reply until you've made the minimum number of posts perhaps someone can advise, I'm sure I've read it somewhere perhaps someone can advise.

@Emjayar having made 10 posts is now a 'registered user'.
With less than 10 post a member is a 'new member'
'new members' cannot initiate a conversation but can take part in one initiated by another member.

'new members' also cannot post links.

< Info correct a year ago on test ZenForo site, doubt if it will have changed>

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I can see the registered user but the post count only shows as 3 on the thread and 3 on the profile.
K

There are glitches in the software.
I suspect privileges will be taken from ( most likely incorrect in this case) type of member.
Only @Emjayar can test this by trying to post a link

EDIT

Emjayar has been a member since 25 Nov 2016, posts on Vbulletin prior to the change to XenFo
ro last September will count towards total but not show as posts.

Last edited:

Emjayar

Nov 25, 2016
There are glitches in the software.
I suspect privileges will be taken from ( most likely incorrect in this case) type of member.
Only @Emjayar can test this by trying to post a link

EDIT

Emjayar has been a member since 25 Nov 2016, posts on Vbulletin prior to the change to XenFo
ro last September will count towards total but not show as posts.

I have no idea where or how to post a link! When I click on an avatar or user name I am unable to find a "start conversation" either. I have been a member since Nov 2016 but I'm not sure if I will have posted 10 times in total?

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I have no idea where or how to post a link! When I click on an avatar or user name I am unable to find a "start conversation" either. I have been a member since Nov 2016 but I'm not sure if I will have posted 10 times in total?
Under your user name on the left it says "registered user" below that it says you joined on Nov 25 2016, next down is a little speech bubble type icon and a number 4, which means you've posted 4 times on this site. Mine says I joined in August 2013, have posted 2,399 times and that I come from Salford.
Previously you had to have a post count of over 10 to become a "registered user" which you don't, but nitram says you are because anyone with 10 posts or less is classed as a "new member" under their name and you're not down as a new member but as a registered user.
If you post on some threads with a comment until the number under your name is 10 or over then you'll be able to reply to TeddyBear's message which is a private message between the two of you opened by clicking on the envelope icon top right of the screen, once you do the two of you can message in private not viewable to anyone else.
K

Emjayar

Nov 25, 2016
Under your user name on the left it says "registered user" below that it says you joined on Nov 25 2016, next down is a little speech bubble type icon and a number 4, which means you've posted 4 times on this site. Mine says I joined in August 2013, have posted 2,399 times and that I come from Salford.
Previously you had to have a post count of over 10 to become a "registered user" which you don't, but nitram says you are because anyone with 10 posts or less is classed as a "new member" under their name and you're not down as a new member but as a registered user.
If you post on some threads with a comment until the number under your name is 10 or over then you'll be able to reply to TeddyBear's message which is a private message between the two of you opened by clicking on the envelope icon top right of the screen, once you do the two of you can message in private not viewable to anyone else.
K
Thanks very much for your help!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

Something has gone wrong, could be on site migration last September.

Whatever happened @Emjayar can increase the number of posts to 10 by posting sufficient messages on https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/the-test-thread.104336/ and then see if (s)he can start a conversation.
Messages can just say something like 'test'