Husband of 56 years with dementia. Once again a confrontation. He needed a new dressing on a wound. Yes, there is more than one thing going on! He had

Binsley

Feb 24, 2020
Husband of 56years with dementia still being confrontational. He needed a new dressing on a wound as he has had a basal cell carcinoma removed. Yes, we have more than one thing going on here! Because of where the wound is close to the shoulder dressings will not adhere very well and they and I am rubbish. I guess at the end of the day things get a little stressful and any help is unappreciated so things can get a bit heated. I guess when I am tired and frustrated my voice can get a bit louder than necessary, but I can only do the best I can even if it's not as perfect as it should be

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My OH scratches himself to pieces - gouges great big lumps out of his arms, torso and shoulders and I know exactly what you mean about dressings not staying on.
Can I recommend Opsite dressings? They are, as the name suggests, designed for post-op wounds and are very flexible. I find that they stay on extremely well and are waterproof, so dont come off in the shower either. You can buy them over the internet, or ask your pharmacist to order them for you.