Husband of 53years Diagnosed with MCI

Sher1

Dec 19, 2021
Husband was just newly diagnosed with MCI and I'm learning to understand it all. He was diagnosed by a VA Alzheimer's Center in California by Zoom testing. Information not included, what I just found out was information that he can't write cursive now. Prints large and backward writing now. Anyone having this experience? Should we consider him taking CBD Oil? We meet with his local VA Neurologist on Tuesday any advise on what questions I should be asking?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Sher1
a warm welcome to DTP

it's a shock to recieve a diagnosis, so I'm sure your feelings are all over the place

maybe keep a note of any questions that come into your mind over the next few days, and any concerns you have about other changes you notice, so you can ask the neurologist, including about cbd oil

AugustH

Apr 10, 2023
I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis of MCI. It's important to have a thorough understanding of the condition and how it may affect your husband's daily life. Regarding his difficulty with writing, it's possible that it could be related to the MCI. As for CBD oil, while some studies suggest it may be helpful for certain symptoms associated with cognitive decline, it's important to discuss this with your husband's VA Neurologist and follow their recommendations.

In terms of questions to ask during the upcoming appointment, you may want to inquire about any potential treatments or therapies that could help manage your husband's symptoms, as well as any lifestyle changes that may be beneficial. It's also important to discuss any potential side effects or risks associated with any recommended treatments. Don't hesitate to ask for clarification or more information if needed. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @AugustH and welcome. Just to let you know that this is a very old thread - see date towards the top left of the first message - and the initial poster hasn't logged on or posted here for a while so you may not receive a reply.

AugustH

Apr 10, 2023
Hello @AugustH and welcome. Just to let you know that this is a very old thread - see date towards the top left of the first message - and the initial poster hasn't logged on or posted here for a while so you may not receive a reply.
Thank you for letting me know that this is an old thread and the initial poster may not reply. I appreciate the heads up. However, I still wanted to leave a useful message for anyone who may come across this thread in the future. In any case, I'll make sure to focus on answering on fresh topics going forward. Thanks again for the information!

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
Hello @AugustH ,

If you look at a list of non members online at any given moment, a large majority seem to be looking at old threads - they're obviously searching for a topic they're interested in.
So, as you say, your message will be useful to somebody in future.

Sheps

Jan 12, 2022
Taunton Somerset
Husband was just newly diagnosed with MCI and I'm learning to understand it all. He was diagnosed by a VA Alzheimer's Center in California by Zoom testing. Information not included, what I just found out was information that he can't write cursive now. Prints large and backward writing now. Anyone having this experience? Should we consider him taking CBD Oil? We meet with his local VA Neurologist on Tuesday any advise on what questions I should be asking?
I would ask what an MRI showed
how far advanced they think
whether there is any treatment
driving ( I had my driving license taken from me) I’m in the UK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet