Husband now has a catheter. Any tips

Kitten71

Jul 22, 2013
East Yorkshire
I hope that by the time I'm reading this the GP or district nurse has been out to see you and your husband and that they have got the catheter right again xx

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
No response from GP or district nurse. Physio and OT came this afternoon and brought something to try to assist me getting him to stand which did not help so it has gone back. We are to get a wheeled commode, a hoist, a special stool will maybe help in shower, and an easy chair that will recline. I have agreed to try all these but they will take them back if they do not work. I have no idea how long this may take. OT will chase the wheelchair service as the modifications which were agreed early in September are still not done.
Presuming I can get him to day care tomorrow I am going to go to GP surgery in person and ask for a response.
District nurse I spoke to on emergency number on Sunday told me there had to b e a referral from his GP.
Still no bowel movement today and he has been really sleepy all day although I have got him to walk a few steps to the dining room table for meals and to the toilet and I have also been getting him to stand up from his chair even if he does not walk anywhere as physio said this should help regarding pressure management.
Tre

Kitten71

Jul 22, 2013
East Yorkshire
Goodness me! You are dealing with so much! You must feel exhausted! My stepmother practically hounds the GP when she suspects there's something wrong with dad. It's a little bit cringeworthy but she gets results and now she has the GP on side and the surgery are pretty helpful. At the moment though, dad is in a nursing home and under a different GP who sadly isn't quite so helpful but that's another story.
That's a good idea to go to the doctor yourself and ask a few questions, assuming you will be able to get there. The systems seem so crazy and stacked against the poorly person when the nurse has to have a referral from the GP. It's all so frustrating on top of the daily frustrations of looking after someone who's terribly ill. I hope and pray you get some help tomorrow x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew