Husband needs help

June13

Jan 17, 2020
Hi my husband has just had the memory test at the doctors and the blood test. Will need the scan but, everything is an uphill struggle. How do i get him to go for the scan. He clearly needs help.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @June13 Welcome to the forum.

It took three tries to get my husband to go for his scan. He was very frightened and I expect your husband may be too.

Perhaps if you told your husband the longer he leaves it the more help he will need, it might help change his mind. Do you think his doctor may be able to persuade him?

Others may have better suggestions when they come on line later. I hope so.

I`m sure you will get there eventually.

CherryTT4

Dec 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi - I am in a very similar situation to you. My husband - 73 - has been having memory and delirium problems. We are actually going for the scan today - Bath. Once the doctor said he need a scan and booked it he has just gone along with the idea. It has taken quite sometime for the appointment to come through, I would suggest that you get the appointment booked and don't worry until you've got a date. Then tell him its a regular check up that they do now - for men/women of a certain age. xxx

June13

Jan 17, 2020
Hi - I am in a very similar situation to you. My husband - 73 - has been having memory and delirium problems. We are actually going for the scan today - Bath. Once the doctor said he need a scan and booked it he has just gone along with the idea. It has taken quite sometime for the appointment to come through, I would suggest that you get the appointment booked and don't worry until you've got a date. Then tell him its a regular check up that they do now - for men/women of a certain age. xxx

June13

Jan 17, 2020
Thank you for the advise. I am going on the lines that the doctor has requested. The appointment arrived today for 1st Feb. Everything is struggle with my husband. He doesn't think there is anything wrong but he seems to be going downhill very quickly. Eats very little food repeats things over and over again. Has not washed for 3 weeks. Didnt know where he had parked the car when we went to a garden centre. All very worrying

CherryTT4

Dec 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Just a quick update on the actual scan. It was all over and done very quickly - the actual scan takes less than 5 mins. We'd got there very early and they saw us early - which was a great help. My husband had forgotten his date of birth and they came and checked with me. They are so used to dealing with people with memory issues.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75