husband knew me

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
phoned my husband in the nursing home today as i phone twice a day and he knew who i was cheered me up no end he was just like his old self today.husband dementia is middle stage now but he still wants to come home he says he misses me and wants to be with me its heartbreaking as i had a phone call from the home this morning and i asked her about bringing him home and she said he will have to stay here for now.The reason for his swollen legs is cause hes got heart failure along with other conditions. The reason why he went into the home cause he started wandering and in his pjas in the middle of the night.I know hes safe in there and cant get out but im so depressed and feeling very low at the moment as i cant visit cause of this lockdown. We do facetime but hes not aware that im talking to him face to face as he does not understand. Anyone else in this situation.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Lucid moments happen and are to be treasured.

My wife is at the moderate stage and exists in a state of confusion most of the time. However, she has lucid moments where I see her as she always was and I treasure these.

You are not alone in this. Always post here when you need to 'talk' to people who understand.

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
Hi yes he was just the way i knew him when we got married .Have just phoned the home now and he still knows who i am which has cheered me up no end.I still have a lot of down days when i am very depressed but i try and keep going which is not easy some days .This is a terrible desease as it takes 2 lives not one but when hes lucid and he knows me are the days i treasure.

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
Hi ive just done some housework to keep my mind occupied worked for a while then this dark cloud is hovering again.Hes on my mind alll the time and i cant get rid of this depression and anxiety worrying about him all the time.If only i could see him at the home would help but cause of this lockdown thats impossible.I miss him so much and wish he was at home.He keeps asking why i dont visit anymore and have i abandoned him breaks my heart when he says that as i can only phone the home and they will let me speak to him and we facetime when the home is not so busy.

pumpkin31

Mar 26, 2020
My main worry is terrified husband gets this virus.I have asked if i can bring him home but manager said he needs to stay here for now.He did have a runny nose and a temperature last week but they said they were keeping a eye on that.Still worrying as with all the comings and goings at the home the carers could be carrying the virus and not know